[ENTIRE US MARKET OPEN 🇺🇸✅] 1st February 2021: Expect disruptions to US buy/sell orders today - what we’re doing to keep everything running

So many clowns on twitter again talking absolute nonsense.

I’ll be glad when this nonsense on GME is over.

At first it was hilarious, but now it’s just annoying.

15 Likes

My personal opinion on this is that there will be some larger legal restructuring because of this. The ability to short a stock is one of the issues alongside FX having financial interests in certain HF which should also be outlawed. But no one has ever said said the stock market is a safe bet.

1 Like

Just wondering how long it takes for a sell confirmation to go through? I sold AMC around around 3pm on an instant order but it’s just sat in the app as ‘awaiting confirmation’.

Has the ordered actually been executed? Should it be taking this long?

In what way is it annoying? Blocking your ability to buy? Just curious.

Things seem to be pretty slow for me but do go through eventually. I’m assuming it’s like that for everyone?

1 Like

7 Likes

Its live!:rocket::rocket::rocket::joy:

6 Likes

GME is live guys!!!

9 Likes

We have indeed enabled buys for $GME, $AMC, $NOK and $BB.

There may be delays with these orders due to market response times.

Please bear in mind the additional risk involved in trading volatile stocks, your capital is at risk.

32 Likes

Erroring out the first couple of tries, will keep trying

Martin Tyler - AND ITS LIVE

8 Likes

Well done, Freetrade team. These are pretty impressive timelines.

9 Likes

I got 'em!

Thanks all involved getting the fix in so promptly!

12 Likes

Also, F the hedge funds.

1 Like

I’d like to think this will mean the toxicity on Twitter will drop, but … nah, probably not.

3 Likes

You think that’s bad. Don’t check r/FreetradeApp…

It’s just frustrating when you see clueless sheep on twitter start calling Freetrade ‘criminals’, because they haven’t been able to buy GME for a single day.

13 Likes

100% agree it’s not on FT at all, I don’t check the Twitter because of that exact reason. People are always quick to judge but slow to praise.

5 Likes

It’s quite sad how people can behave so selfishly. Like its their god given right to be able to access the stock market for free. A couple years ago you would have paid £9.95 a trade!

Edit: I thought the pandemic would have made people more considerate of others

11 Likes

Those poor people who would have made GAJILLIONS from their £100 if not for Freetrade preventing them.

13 Likes