[ENTIRE US MARKET OPEN 🇺🇸✅] 1st February 2021: Expect disruptions to US buy/sell orders today - what we’re doing to keep everything running

Hey Franky, can you please screenshot and share what you see?

Just held till 3pm I’ve cancelled it now to try and do an instant with markets open, but as far as I was aware it should of moved 0839 this morning.

It’s gone through now. I didn’t notice it was held till 3pm. I did ask in the chats if it was US held but obviously with the kid they haven’t got through to my message yet. Didn’t lose anything so it’s all good.

Load* not kid

1 Like

Thank you for the continued efforts and communication. Extra props for you all working throughout the weekend to get stuff sorted.

I would like to ask if there is any chance of you doing withdrawals faster though?

As one of your many new users I joined to trade in the current popular stocks, as I imagine many others did too. At the time other brokers were blocking access to them and you were not.

I transferred funds to you assuming in good faith they would be on my account in 2 to 4 hours as I was given no reason to believe otherwise. Instead it took 4 days by which time the other brokers were again accepting orders on the popular stocks under threat of legal action but yourselves had blocked them due to your FX. I know from discussions at the time I was not the only one in this position so I imagine it has affected a lot of people.

This has left us in the unfortunate position of not being able to spend our money on what we had intended with yourselves but also unable to use our money elsewhere as your turnaround for withdrawals is 3 to 5 business days, which is a lifetime in the current market.

Essentially, it feels like we are being held to ransom and should any of the stock people had every intention of investing in, when they opened their accounts and had no reason to believe they wouldn’t be able to, soar when they are completely locked out of being able to invest in it, as you have their money but can’t let them, it will leave a very very bad taste in their mouths to put it politely.

There is potential here for people to loose out on substantial amounts of money not just because they’re unable to invest through yourselves but because they’re unable to get their money back from you to use elsewhere straight away.
Here’s hoping you’re able to get your new solution working well fast enough to implement the stocks in question again before that becomes an issue.

Regarding your FX. Whilst I appreciate their actions are out of your control, it is highly likely blocking access the way they are may be illegal. There are already class action law suits filed against other companies for doing just this which has caused them to change their position already.
Barclays are one of the biggest banks in the world. It is unreasonable they are not able to accommodate their FX duties when others can, at least in some capacity, which only leaves the logical conclusion they are doing it to manipulate the market likely to protect their own or other partners interests.
I know you’re unlikely to be able to comment on this but I sincerely hope once this is over you consider taking legal action against them for them forcing this on you and the damage it could do to your brand.

On a positive note, keep up the good work and once again thank you for your transparency and monumental efforts.

2 Likes

Can you not scroll down?

18 Likes

@Viktor: major UX pain point; buy and sell buttons probably shouldn‘t be below the fold, or there needs to be an indication that scrolling is possible.

5 Likes

It depends what phone you’re using. On mine you don’t have to scroll

1 Like

Not a bad shout, my two cents would be below the share price and above the graph would be good, also the option to sort your stock by volume/value/loss/gain would be helpful.

1 Like

Great point! Should be above the fold on all devices, as it‘s the most important call to action.

1 Like

This whole past week has been a total farce. I expect a refund for my Plus account

2 Likes

They have already said there will be a refund for this months plus subscription.

1 Like

Thanks mate

They are, yes.

3 Likes

Hey Franky, can appreciate how frustrated you are no matter the money amount. Looks like it could be a bug? This has happened to me before and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app and seems to have worked for me. I understand it’s a lot of hassle, but worth a try if you haven’t already. If you have/ or it doesn’t work, Viktor and team will take care of it - just need to give them a little time. They’re really trying!

I’ve been charged for my Plus account, despite getting a message saying this wouldn’t happen this month due to the disruptions.

They said it would be a refund not a skipped payment.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I had a feeling it would be something like that, but the screen shot helped massively!

1 Like

Ah that makes sense, although a little bit of a pain. Cheers.

Your welcome, It would of meant them cancelling your subscription and reinstating it next month otherwise which would be a pain for both parties, and they’ve got there hands full at the minute lol.

1 Like