2021 • John Thomas - Investing Insights

https://am.jpmorgan.com/us/en/asset-management/adv/insights/portfolio-insights/asset-class-views/asset-allocation/

JPM AM prefer Small Cap, Europe, Japan to US large cap and EM for 2021. Quite a shift from their Q1 view, largely due to the increased confidence of a strong Cyclical US recovery and thus the Dollar.

2 Likes

Remember last March when the news media and television stock ‘experts’ strictly said “this will not be a V shape recovery”… it’s been the most V shape recovery anybody’s ever seen.

Media will ruin your longterm investing. Ignore it.

Instead listen to John Thomas for any current US insights if you really need to see what’s up.

That is all. I’m out on a :bike: ride. Enjoy the wknd.

6 Likes

The boldest tip of 2021 to date

4 Likes

3 Likes

A few trade alert from the last few days:

There have also been trade alerts on Micron (MU), Paypal (PYPL) and TLT this week.

1 Like

5 Likes

Today’s main points:

2 Likes

I stumbled across this post again, its a previous one though…

So in the biotech space, John is very bullish on Crispr, Vertex and Alnylam. Anything else?

2 Likes

Today’s tips - Friday 9th of April:

5 Likes

I agree with the growing signals on possible low/zero returns on passive over the next decade. “The market’s are not designed to make the majority succeed”.

Buffet buying so much of his own stock seemed quite the hint.

Over 40 years, passive = no problem
Over 10 years, stock picking = maybe better in this environment?

2021 - 2031 Which investment approach are you going for?
  • Stock Picking
  • Passive Indexing

0 voters

1 Like

No intermediate option?

I currently have very little in market ETFs (except for different asset class ETFs), but I am considering a target for the end of the year of around a quarter in broad ETFs, to provide greater diversification, factor exposure and general lowering of risk.
All in all, I’d say my portfolio is well-diversified though, spread over a significant number of stocks and a variety of asset classes.

I could increase the proportion of broad market ETFs further, depending on how well my stock “picks” do in the few years (say 3-5 years). In the last couple of years (to date)my investments have exceeding the Global (Developed + EM) ETFs performance, but that may not be the case over the next 5 years. My timeframe of diversified stock picks may not be large enough (yet) to be meaningful.

1 Like

Today’s main tips (not all) - Monday 12th of April:

3 Likes

Today’s tips - Tuesday 13th April:

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

You are welcome :smiley: .

3 Likes

I hope John Thomas is going down in investing history as providing investors based mainly on the US market with such relevant insights throughout this entire pandemic, including the weeks building up to it. He’s been a frikken guru knowledge provider all the way through this. He deffo earned the bottles of champagne that he has received from investors of which he ‘occasionally’ brags about.

Sure hope these insights have contributed to any freetrader’s on their journey. I am sure looking forward to some kind of auto pilot investing pretty soon, so glad to have pay’ed attention last year.

2 Likes

Some of his tips are quite useful, but at the end of the day we have to invest in things we believe in (whether stock picking or ETFs).
Also, quite a few of his claims seem too big and too frequent to be true (knowing such person or being friends when some other person).

On the positive side, lately he has been a bit more firm with his comments, but earlier in the year he was very “on the fence”.

1 Like

Most of today’s tips - Wednesday 14th of April:

1 Like

Comments Thursday 15th of April 2021:

3 Likes

Well his BioNTech tip has been a good call, currently up 38%

Knowing my luck it’ll probably drop big before it gets to my price target lol