2021 • The Mad Hedge Fund Trader - Insights

P o s i t i v e • V o l a t i l i t y

DO Your Own Research, I’ll be buying Boeing during this period for a long long term holding. So long it’ll probably be passed down to my future kid :v:t3:

3 Likes

The article might be of interest.
John suggests 3 healthcare stocks that he thinks may be undervalued.

2 Likes

I already have a holding in Boeing, bought in around $149. Will be buying the dip as well and holding long :+1:t2:
Massive company that still has a lot of love to give I think :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Illumina is one I’ve been eyeing. Scottish Mortgage Trust hold it in their top ten holdings with a 4% weighting on their portfolio.

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny day traders buying the wrong Signal stock :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Happened with Zoom also some time ago if my memory isn’t playing tricks on me

1 Like

Yep - ZOOM vs ZM

The US Securities and Exchange Commission has stepped in to clear up the worst case of mistaken identity on Wall Street, suspending the shares of Zoom Technologies, a small Chinese company that investors were confusing with Zoom, the video-calling app that has seen spectacular growth during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.ft.com/content/98635c63-b4ab-49a3-9c18-1de6819d6305

2 Likes

Relevant US insights

“The US dollar has another 20% of downside.” :eyes:

Since March I am certain he insisted to buy the Australian Dollar against the USD. If so, that’s been spot on.

Kinda interested in etoro copy trades for somebody doing well trading forex. As a small currency hedge. Something I have no real knowledge in. DYOR.

Emerging markets usually benefit from weakening USD. Many institutions are over weight EM

2 Likes

Tonight’s

1 Like

Will the market even care about the impeachment?

I don’t see it having any effect

2 Likes

Yeah i think it doesnt cause too much disruption since he lost the elections anyway… I guess everyone is too greedy right now to come out of the market

Many ‘Whales’ waiting for peak fomo to pull the rug out - take profits - reinvest profits - let profits rise - and continue on. All pretty positive outlook for the year. (Though you should always look 5 years out minimum)

Personally I am 80% cash rn. Ready to choose wisely and longterm. Would be great to achieve 15% this year by purely holding & no rebalance.

Anybody opening a new isa this tax year or continuing building up your FreeTrade?

2021 Plans (multiple choice)
  • New ISA
  • Build-Up FreeTrade ISA
  • Fixed Savings Account
  • New GIA
  • FreeTrade GIA
  • Forex Account
  • Unit Trusts & OEICs
  • Gilts
  • OTHER

0 voters

1 Like