3 day delay in dividend payment

LOLā€¦Iā€™m sure it feels that long.

1 Like

They actually take a few weeks, itā€™s well documented on their forum

If theyā€™re anything like Freetrade iā€™m pretty certain it wonā€™t be across the board. If they were, then we both would be getting our payouts on the same day from the same holding.

Consistency of service for all doesnā€™t seem to be the norm with these brokerage apps.

Have a look if you like. 212 donā€™t pay out for a few weeks, they say this themselves.

Not sure why where slightly different delays on freetrade but I got $O yesterday as expected. Worth a ticket to freetrade if your seeing some odd delays.

My dividends always tend to come either on the day or a working day later - typically the later ones tend to be US stocks. Iā€™m not sure if this has anything to do with the fractional shares at all?

Yes I emailed them yesterdayā€¦Not expecting a reply any time soon though.

Youā€™re basically agreeing with me that Freetrade arenā€™t consistent with their payoutsā€¦Iā€™m just not sure if youā€™re aware of it or not.

I am aware. Thatā€™s what i was sayin. Odd that the payment dates are not the same across the board. Just giving my perspective that itā€™s not delayed the same for everyone. I wonder if itā€™s a rolling payout system or something like that ā€¦ weird either way

It only makes sense if itā€™s deliberately withheld from some customers over othersā€¦That might not be true but thatā€™s how it looks.

Tbh I donā€™t think T212 are any better. I have heard from others that they take two additional days after payout day which is slower even than FT.

Since my delay(coincidently it was also JNJ) its returned to normal. US shares generally being the day after their payout day and thatā€™s what Iā€™ve seen in the US payouts Iā€™ve had since JNJ.

Iā€™m very happy for you but that only goes to prove that Freetrade lack any consistency with treatment of their customers.

Who knows, I might get lucky and be one of the ones that gets their dividends on time with T212ā€¦Itā€™s worth finding out is my pointā€¦So far iā€™ve had payouts 100% late every time with FT.

Hereā€™s an explanation from another user on a similar thread:

My bad, i see youre on that thread too. I dont know why the payment dates are different for people holding the same stock, but tbh iā€™m happy as long as i get them paid. At the momemt my dividends are not that significant and Itā€™s all reinvested anyway.

1 Like

I canā€™t work out whether your straw manning is deliberate or accidental. lol.

what does that mean?

I rest my case.

I just looked up the phrase, i had genuinely never come across it before, as no-one has ever accused me of that before. So it was a genuine question.

1 Like

Clearly accidental as i was in the middle of editing my response when you commented.

Why does this rile you so much?
Iā€™d be happy to get the Dividends within a week of the payment date. Sometimes theyā€™re the same day and sometimes itā€™s taken 3 days from the payment date.
What do you suppose is a suitable service level for this?

3 Likes

:+1:
Just looked at their profile and they must be having a terrible time of it on the app. :grin:

I was genuinely only trying to help as I have always done with other queries.

2 Likes

Do you know how much money could be made in the two days that Ā£2.19 dividend isnā€™t in my account? I could be a millionaire!! Iā€™m going to sue FT for loss of earnings!! :crazy_face:

4 Likes