3 day delay in dividend payment

Yes the system is so unfair. Dividends might be being paid out in a certain order. Perhaps in order of account number or even alphabetical order! Whatever the system order is it’s totally unfair because I didn’t get it first!

1 Like

You don’t have access the peoples accounts to know what they have in them.

However, this is a public forum and most people on here just want to help, or be helped. As my old master used to say " When the path you walk always leads back to yourself, you never get anywhere…”

2 Likes

I bet your ISA fee comes out your account on time to the second. :rofl:

Be lucky? What are you on about? I’ve not seen a post of anyone getting dividends on T212 the same day as they are paid out? Everything I’ve read suggests it takes even longer than FT. But you do you.

Agree with people here that dividend payments are definitely slow and inconsistent at Freetrade. I get payments for the same stocks straight away on my X-O account with Freetrade always arriving a day or two later. Also noticed that dividends arrive at different times for my SIPP compared to the GIA for the same stock. Its not a major problem but clearly something that needs to be sorted out at some point. More people will notice this over time and I can see it turning into a niggling source of complaints. Basic cash flow of payments needs to be flawless if they are to scale up and serve millions of customers. Cash also seems slow to settle which is another irritation. I sold some last Friday, still not settled 5 business days later.

The timing for dividend payouts are very hit and miss, I can get them the same day or up to 4 days later. They can also appear in my account balance days before they appear in my activity tab, which can be a pain when trying to allocate payments to the right stock.

Paying dividends quickly is about the only thing that I think freetrade hasn’t got right so far

3 Likes

Have found the same thing with cash appearing in the balance but not the activity feed. I have also experienced slow settlement periods (currently on day five and still waiting for funds to clear) that I think could be a similar thing - like dividends its maybe a partly manual process that they arent completely on top of. I love everything else about Freetrade but these two issues are frustrating.

1 Like

My only issue with dividends is when they pay out and the note in activity is a totally different day. Horrible for me to check and do my spreadsheet. I wish they put it on activity list when they add it in the same timestamp.

The delays I don’t care about as long as they come and nobody should be waiting for a dividend that urgently.

1 Like

Agree, I’m not so fussed about the delays but the pay out and the note in activity should be in sync, at the very least the same day.

3 Likes

Has anybody had this issue where the pay date is different to what it shows in app for example pepsi paid me on 30sept but on the activity it shows 1 oct

Are slow dividends still a thing? My first few have been spot on but Golden Ocean paid out yesterday but I have had nothing in my account yet

It can be delayed by a few days depending on various factors including how quickly Freetrade receive the money themselves.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else has observed this but the same sharedividend was paid on three different dates into my GIA, my ISA and my wifes ISA. . . so not sure why that would be… no big deal but just in case someone else has the same across accounts wait a day or two and it should be fine