3M 🟨 - MMM

3M’s in the app already :tada:

Morning everyone! I’ve posted my new blog post on the other thread but I thought it would be good to post it on the specific 3M thread. Any comments and feedback would be great as always! Who else is interested in 3M as a company?

To read my full analysis on, hop onto :arrow_down:

https://lewishardinginvest.com/3m-company-analysis/

1 Like

MMM share price has been falling for quite some time. I have some but it’s one of my worst performers. The dividend hasn’t made up for the falling share price

It is profitable though. Not sure of the reason for the poor performance

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bit of a strange one. I don’t own 3M yet but when it gets to the price I’m happy with I’ll be buying.

1 Like

I’m not an investor, but I thought they would be doing well because they were manufacturing face masks?

Anyone knows why the dip? I’m always up for a bargain.

The demand tide would lift all boats. In theory! See Etsy.

Perhaps instead of looking to belittle other community members you could change your responses from such retorical statements above and respond with something as simple as “Face masks are a relitively small part of their business and are low margin. Perhaps there are other areas such as their exposure to the ongoing and increasing US China trade tensions which are causing the dip.” What do you think bud? Think you could manage that?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Hey everyone! My latest stock analysis video has just been released😄

In this video I analyse 3M stock ($MMM) using fundamental analysis. Is MMM stock a buy?

I go through 3M’s business summary, sales breakdown & financial statements to get an understanding of the business. After this, I go through my analysis checklist and then value 3M stock using the discounted free cashflow method.

The 3M Company is an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, US health care, and consumer goods. The company produces over 60,000 products under several brands, including adhesives, abrasives, laminates, passive fire protection, personal protective equipment, window films, paint protection films, dental and orthodontic products, electrical and electronic connecting and insulating materials, medical products, car-care products, electronic circuits, healthcare software and optical films.

3M is also a Dividend Aristocrat and has raised its dividend for 63 consecutive years.

Please also remember to like and comment, if you enjoyed the video!

Subscribe to Lewis Harding Invest on YouTube.

3 Likes

The new healthcare spinoff starts trading 1st April
3M shareholders as of March 18th will be eligible to receive one share of Solventum -SOLV- for every four 3M shares; the company with retain a 20% stake after the distribution

One of my biggest Ls and possible dividend cut after the spin…unless SOLV makes us whole. TBD.
Will probably dump and buy back more MMM.