Abundance

Abundance is crowdfunding soon on Seedrs. It’s an eco/ethical/for-good investment platform - so early stage like Crowdcube/Seedrs, though most of the opportunities on the platform are debentures (corp bonds) rather than equity.

2 Likes

I think that Abundance’s raise is now public: Abundance Investment | EIS Crowdfunding Campaign | Seedrs

2 Likes

I invest a bit through Abundance but left this one alone. Still very hard for P2P platforms to reach profitability and I’m not convinced they have high enough through-put of loans to be sustainable. Since government pulled the plug on domestic renewables the loans coming through have been a mixed bag with quite a lot of risk. I think when Trillion fund went bust they had said they needed a loan book of about £80 million to be viable and couldnt scale up. I see a similar challenge for Abundance and no obvious strategy for finding the volume of good quality ethical investment opportunities they will need long term to survive. Hope I’m wrong as I love the concept and think they have a great platform and are well run.

2 Likes

They’re raising again Abundance investment | Crowdfunding Opportunity | Seedrs