Activision Blizzard 🎮 - ATVI

I agree. Also, I think it depends on what’s in ATVI’s game pipeline, how badly it was affected with several titles from various developers and published postponed already, including old games ported to new consoles (e.g. Switch).

Content-making industries without the platform lock-in, such as Netflix, are kind of “cyclical” and, like the music industry, have hits and misses. (This is probably why some titles have not been made available on Steam at first - Valve have a lot of power.)

Fortnite could be hot now but their next season is postponed already and maybe it will be “replaced” by a non-Epic Games-made/produced title. And some popular streamers can jump to another game they like - and they have large followings. Then, there’s a question of how do they (ethically) monitise their users, since a bunch of most popular titles are kind of free.

ATVI were already struggling not long ago with layoffs which caught media attention.

Will they be able to capture the gamers attention with the new OverWatch, etc when there’re so many games and videos to play and watch?

The attention economy is hard. I reckon a lot of gamers are casual users, so they can choose between YouTube and Animal Crossings.

1 Like

Earnings call on 5 May. Activision will probably post some eye-popping engagement and audience numbers.

3 Likes
5 Likes

BlizzCon 2021… Thoughts?

I’m interested to see their monetization approach to Overwatch 2 (i.e. will we see a battle pass?)

ATVI at all time highs today on the back of Call of Duty pandemic earnings.

2 Likes

So I bought just the other day… I have to assume they’ll not make the same mistakes as last Blizzcon.

What happened last time? Hopefully some exciting news today and over the weekend although I know the 2 main titles are delayed.

Wasn’t last time the “don’t you guys have phones?” when it came to Diablo immortal.

1 Like

lol I didn’t watch the last one but damn thats huge.

:poop:Games, :poop: leadership, :poop: company

1 Like

So you highly recommended stock? :joy:

Many companies that, let’s be polite and call them a detriment to society, can be potentially good investments. Not sure AB is one of those though.

1 Like

Is this just down because of the lawsuit? I wonder how long it takes to bounce back from something like that?

Microsoft Nears $70 Billion Deal for Video Game Maker Activision

4 Likes

Current share price is around the $84 mark even with the news factored in - if the sale is at $95 a share is this not a good way to get a quick profit? (obviously still risk if the deal was to fall through etc…)

1 Like

Nice to see Freetrade get a shout out in the guardian’s business blog

4 Likes

Loving the news. I think I might treat myself to a sit down wee and count my money.

3 Likes

Great work @Stalwar & @Rajan07 + the whole PR team. Fast work!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes