Affirm - AFRM - Share Chat

Affirm plan an IPO by end of year, would be great to have this stock on the app as soon as it does.

+1 fully agreed, looking forward to that one!

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi Sam, can you advise if this will be added within approx time of the IPO tomorrow? Thanks

Normally hits the secondary market a couple of hours later, although airbnb was about 5/6 hours later, maybe because it was popular.

Hey @Kierandd and thanks for the explainer too @AdamL.

It does indeed take a few hours usually before an IPO is trading on the secondary market.

With Airbnb, this was sometime after 6 PM UK time, and of all the big IPOs last year, I don’t recall one hitting the market until 4 PM absolute earliest.

The good news is we have improved our internal process for IPOs considerably and can now get IPOs live within literally a few minutes of them becoming available.

This blog is an interesting read for more info on exactly how the IPO process works at a wider level:

3 Likes

$90 twitter is suggesting, so just double the estimate.

1 Like

And we’re live :tada:

Capital at risk

2 Likes

Why it still says in the app (just updated) Coming Soon and can’t be bought?

Sorry, something reverted in error, will be back again any second now.

This was from a few days ago so it’s a nice push in the right direction
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/06/16/2248171/0/en/CarAdvise-Partners-With-Affirm-to-Offer-Long-Term-Payment-Options.html

Also. …

2 Likes

Would it be a good time to buy right now?

I can’t tell you what to do…I’m a new and inexperienced investor but personally I’m seeing strong future potential in my research and the articles posted above so am buying now while it’s low.
DYOR (do your own research) and good luck!

1 Like

Seems to be gathering momentum. 5.57%up in the month, 2.17%up in the week, 4.67% up yesterday

https://appleinsider.com/articles/21/08/11/apple-customers-in-canada-can-now-finance-new-devices-through-affirm[quote=“Junaid95, post:1, topic:30531, full:true”]

Can’t get better than partnering with Amazon!

After hours SP just surged by 35%

2 Likes

Wow glad I held this one then

Hi there I’m new on here I’ve bought a few shares but how do I see them on thank you David

Hi David, the Freetrade app that you bought the shares through will show how your shares are performing.

Enjoy and good luck!

Hello milky tea I’ve just seen your reply but how and when can I sell my shares and how do I go about selling them plus how comes I can’t withdraw any money back in my account it just says 5p I’d realy appreciate if you tell me only I’ve tried asking free-trade without any reply ps I like My tea with milk and 2 sugars please lol David