AGNC Investment Corp (AGNC)

Shares currently trading at £14.10 each. Has an annual dividend yield of 12.11%. This stock pays a monthly dividends of around £0.18p a share. Very appealing for income investors.

"AGNC Investment Corp. (“AGNC”) is an internally-managed mortgage real estate investment trust (“REIT”). We invest predominantly in agency mortgage-backed securities (“agency MBS”) on a leveraged basis, financed primarily through collateralized borrowings structured as repurchase agreements. Our principal investment objective is to provide our stockholders with attractive risk-adjusted returns through a combination of monthly dividends and net asset value accretion. We generate income from the interest earned on our investment assets, net of associated borrowing and hedging costs, and net realized gains and losses on our investments and hedging activities. We utilize an active portfolio management philosophy with the goal of preserving net asset value over a wide range of market scenarios. We were founded in 2008 and are headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol “AGNC.”

Great potential stock i have been looking at

Great stock, currently at 52W H now and can see it growing further

Yes please! Need more monthly dividend stocks on FT :slight_smile:

This marvelous company has a long track of high yield dividends paying around 11%. You can see their dividend history in this website:
https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/agnc/dividend-history
It’s a REIT company which means real estate investment trust. It primarily invests in agency mortgage-backed securities and collateralized mortgage obligations. The company’s investments consist of securities, for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by United States Government-sponsored entities, such as the Federal National Mortgage Association. Their dividend payment is monthly which is ideal for dividend investors because of compound interest. This company is a must have for dividend investors.

Can you give some more information about the company? What they do, what their dividend cover is etc etc?

Earn our votes :grin:

I think I requested this stock at some point during 2018.

1 Like

Interesting. Doesn’t make it into Joseph Carlsons Real Estate sector.

This might be why!

Looks like the dividend has been cut from 25%!!! in the last decade.

Lots of debt, as you’d expect from a Mortgage REIT. You’d hope that net worth would not be so static though.

Am I missing something, what makes it a stalwart in a dividend portfolio? Looks like a really dodgy play to have in a late cycle part of the economy.

1 Like

It was actually January of 2019.

It pays a healthy monthly dividend which many income investors find appealing.

1 Like

Merged them together. Must have mispelled the ticker when I searched.

1 Like

Doesn’t feel like a good enough reason to me at the moment. Hope it gets added for those that want it!

Just looked at that link.

First quick glance.

They first started to pay a monthly dividend of US $0.22 in October 2014 (ex-date), / November 2014 (payment date).

Monthly dividend reduced in May/June 2015 to US $0.20.

Monthly dividend reduced in August/September 2016 to US $0.18.

Monthly dividend reduced in May/June 2019 to US $0.16.

How come?

I think it’s explained in my post :wink:

Codf where did u find that their payout ratio is 172%?

Must have missed it during the Merger process :+1:

1 Like

SimplyWallSt

Double sourced it from GuruFocus too, just in case it was a mistake.

Could be wrong though. I’ve just read that both of these don’t have great records with REIT info.

1 Like

I’m hoping this jumps on the bandwagon :pray:t5::pray:t5:

1 Like

Hopefully sooner rather than later. The current low rates are bound to benefit mREITs.