Airbnb - ABNB - Share Chat

The said it’s their provider. No idea why it’s so wrong though.

Come on ABNB! Really wish I held off until the dip instead of buying in right away, but looking great so far today. How long will it last?!

I think for everyone’s sanity they should avoid looking at this stock daily. it’s going to be swinging a lot until next summer

5 Likes

Still I am firm believer that this stock will crash anytime soon waiting for dip day :relieved:

5 Likes

Do someone have the p/e ratio of AIRBNB company since it has started ?

It’s negative, so irrelevant. While they had profitable quarters, they never made a full year profit so far.

I’v been thinking recently and found out that maybe Airbnb is worth more than its price right now around 158-160$.

This is too cheap for a company that is taking down the market of real estate. Like Uber, people don’t need to buy a car anymore. People prefer travel and maybe if the lockdown down - Airplane get a boost , it will rise. I’m betting on this IPO even if IPO price is not very significant and sometimes very high on the real average price.

I’m looking for its P/E Ratio, can someone help me for this one, can’t find it .

Thanks .

Welcome to the community

Try posting it here:

1 Like

How have you decided this is cheap?

Airbnb hosts take on greater risk than traditional letting. Many countries want to level the playing field for landlords so Airbnb may face further regulation.

Hiring an Uber and car ownership are unrelated and is not the reason Uber has been successful

People prefer travel? Until the world is vaccinated travel wont fully rebound.

“Betting” is not advisable but if you’re a big fan of their product then fair enough.

The P/E ratio cannot be ascertained without the Earnings per share. As a newly listed company it won’t have released this. But you might be able to use previous statements before they IPOd

Personally I think Airbnb is great but it’s too risky for me at this price. I may invest once there’s a bit more certainty

1 Like

Airbnb was supposed to IPO below $55 in the 40-50 range… And now $160-170??? Well ok i didn’t buy and i don’t care if it rises…

I hope we all understand what $100 billion market cap means :slight_smile:

1 Like

The P/E ratio cannot be ascertained without the Earnings per share. As a newly listed company it won’t have released this. But you might be able to use previous statements before they IPOd .

Thank you [J4ipod94] for your help.

This made me rethink and research more about the company.

It sounds crazy how the company went large cap market too fast as you said johny *

I hope we all understand what $100 billion market cap means :slight_smile:

, this means it’s growth potential is 0 or very low. Something wrong with this mania, make me think about Internet mania.

1 Like
1 Like

Airbnb has become a verb. Once that happens it becomes vernacular so more and more people will start to use the actual service. A bit like ‘google it’. Most peoples default search engine so surely Airbnb can only grow bigger (not that i’m comparing Airbnb to Google as a business but more as word usage).

1 Like

Google got lucky with that. Usually if a brand becomes a verb it means they had some big success and lost control of their brand.

Hoover has been synonymous with vacuum cleaners for decades but when most people go out to buy a Hoover they actually come home with a Dyson, Shark, or Vax. If you put your clothes in a Hoover brand washing machine you’re unlikely to say that you’re Hoovering them.

Similarly when someone says an image has been Photoshopped, they are not saying that Adobe’s prohibitively expensive software has been used. It could have been PaintShop Pro or even MS Paint.

1 Like

Airbnb verb:

“We’re Airbnb-ing in Paris”

From the Telegraph: “Can buy-to-let investors get more by Airbnbing their properties?"

The Wall Street Journal: “So I told my sister we’d Airbnb"

Once a sharing-economy platform becomes a widely recognised verb, it has left the realm of trend and become a cultural game-changer.”

1 Like

The difficulty in establishing a competitor and their leadership if why I have faith.

• You need local presence to gain a decent amount of hosts in any one place but need global awareness to drive the guests. This is rare for hospitality without massive overheads
  • They seems more thoughtful than many other in the ‘sharing economy’ setting aside shares for their most valuable hosts was a really nice touch.
2 Likes

I bought some on 11th Dec for $147, sold on 11th Feb for $219.
They are now down at $201, trying to decide if I should buy some again ?

Right now based on fundamentals including cash flow and the near term outlook, Airbnb seems a steal at $70-$90.

So based on the current share price of $200, you are paying a higher valuation and should take into account any hurdles which may halt some of the companies future profits.

In hindsight, $120 entry was a great initial buy in.

If you fully understand the business model and the regulations which allow the company to operate, your valuation will be incredibly more viable.

also-- all valuations are art forms. we have 0% interest and central banks printing $$, so AAPL at $2 trillion market cap is a steal and overprices depending on who you talk to

I love your analysis btw

Market cap info on Freetrade says less than 30b, which seems to be incorrect, by quite a bit.

1 Like