AJ Bell šŸ“ˆšŸ“‰ - AJB

Yes I hold grudges. No I donā€™t forgive and forget. They mucked up when I started my LISA and they barely apologised at all. And they charge too much. Pfff.

3 Likes

If thereā€™s anyone here who wants to lose weight then AJ Bellā€™s social post video about ā€œhow they chose the name Doodooā€ will help you bring up your lunch. And yesterdayā€™s lunch. It will clean you out. Itā€™s colonic irrigation in boomer-humour form. [Link for anyone who blocks embedded social posts like I do and therefore canā€™t see the post below]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW3QnI8vAqP/

Also theyā€™re on TikTok because someone thought that the meme ā€œHow do you do fellow kids?ā€ was an instruction manual rather than a warning. TikTok

PS. Thank you Freetrade for managing to do social media properly. The moment you have Viktor and Adam on TikTok rapping about investments with backwards baseball caps on is the moment I leave.

2 Likes

Haha! Amazing! I love how much effort you put into this grudge!

1 Like

They deserve it. Theyā€™re the kind of company that would replace their staff Christmas bonuses with a one year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.
Source for the uncultured amongst us

I canā€™t begin to tell you how much I love this!

You love their social media antics?!

In the same way, you canā€™t help but watch a train crash. You know itā€™s going to be a disaster but iā€™ll be damned if Iā€™m not watching!

1 Like

train-crash

ā€œPassengers awaiting the arrival of the AJ Bell service to Social Media Success, please be aware that this service has been delayed indefinitely.ā€

3 Likes

Freetrades got a new comp coming 2022ā€¦

1 Like

Perhaps move to Competitors thread?

Some observations:

Matches Vanguard Investor pricing.

Advantages over Vanguard Investor include ability to purchase individual stocks as well as funds from other providers.

Advantages over Freetrade ISA include lower cost for those with portfolios smaller than Ā£24K, ability to purchase OEIC funds, and support for Lifetime ISA.

Only a small number of stocks and funds at launch but I assume that would grow over time.

Iā€™d argue itā€™s not cheaper than Freetradeā€™s offer, they donā€™t provide a free GIA. Unless you are making >50% on a pot of Ā£24k an ISA isnā€™t going to help you much, and you can switch at that level. Frequent trading outside the ISA could be a hassle for tax reporting, but Dodl doesnā€™t seem to support that anyway (neither do FT actively encourage it, as itā€™s hazardous to your wealth).

The LISA sure is nice thou. Hint hint

Seems like a puny number compared to Freetradeā€™s 1.2 million but average portfolio probably much bigger, with AUM of Ā£75.6bn.

I ainā€™t clicking on no Daily Mail link, just commenting to say that theyā€™d have 398,065 customers if I could move my LISA from them to Freetrade instead of waiting until FTā€™s LISA launch date of 2053 :frowning:

4 Likes

I think we have to consider who the customers are/were. A lot of people moved to freetrade when 212 effectively shut their doors. Even now when people ask where to yolo their money you get ā€˜freetrades tour only optionā€™ in terms of I want access to the market but I donā€™t want to pay for it.

But 212 still seems to the the first choice in a lot of topics Iā€™ve seen, despite its super shady terms. And freetrade gets first place only because it was second place to 212 but no one can get access to 212.

15k customers is nothing to laugh about, but in the grand scheme of things itā€™s still low. Thereā€™s 50 million adults in the UK and almost none of them are investing

Just received in an emailā€¦

Now I have to work my way through my shit list to find someone I hate enough to inflict AJ Bell on.

4 Likes

They have a new advert

1 Like

Weird. They didnā€™t ask me to appear in the advert. I have opinions that Iā€™d like the world to see!

Anyway, just topped up my LISA and tried to make a trade in a US stock only to be toldā€¦

There is currently no online quote available. We offer online quotes for the US exchanges from when they open, normally 2:30pm until 9:00pm, Or you can place a telephone order with our Dealing Services team on 0345 54 32 600 (Monday-Friday 08:00 ā€“ 17:00).

Just queue it at the best price for me then?! Ugh!

2 Likes

Jesus Christ AJ Bell - why are you such utter garbage?

Just tried to make my trade andā€¦

We require a valid tax form before you can deal in this investment. For US investments (W-8BEN) please click here

For Canadian investments (NR-301) please click here

Why not proactively get me to complete that BEFORE I start trying to trade US shares?

2 Likes