All orders getting rejected this morning [Solved ✅]

Looks like it.

1 Like

so this is the end of days then I guess? :worried:

Yeah, things like these are unsettling. The market is volatile, but not more than last week or the week before. I love the idea of Freetrade, the community etc… but I think it’s worth paying a price for stability and reliability. There’s nothing more frustrating than hitting the buy or sell button, getting an error message “we’ll look into this” and see the stock price change by 5-6% while you wait…

3 Likes

Agreed. The saving grace here is that, to my knowledge, this is the first time this has happened (correct me if I’m wrong of course). Some of the other platforms have been having issues since this “plummeting hell cliff” (not my words) began.
So I guess that’s something?

2 Likes

I don’t even want to look at stock prices right now because of how heart breaking it’s gonna be

I was expecting worse tbh, this is mild compared to previous Mondays!

2 Likes

Let’s be honest.

It’s the first time I’ve experienced a serious outage with FreeTrade, and it’s during a period that personally I wouldn’t consider buying anyways.

Does anyone truly think corona will have resolved itself in a few weeks and that markets will be better? Plenty of opportunities to get in.

It’s not the first time issues like this happens unfortunately.
There were issues two weeks ago, but in that case other platforms had issues too (e.g. RobinHood) so most people, me included, were understanding. There have been sporadic issues in the past in normal market times, but in those cases you would notice it only if you were placing a trade and you wouldn’t be biting your nails because volatility was normal.
This is the first time when it really matters for a lot of people to be able to place trades, other platforms are working normally and FreeTrade isn’t.
Sorry, I am really trying to be supportive and understanding but on this one I really struggle to.

Not sure I buy the argument “market’s volatile, we are afraid, it’s ok for the platform to shut down”, sorry. Also, some people may just want to sell, not buy.
I think it’s up to each investor to decide when to get in or out of a position, not to the platform.

Nobody said that?

I think you’re being slightly hysterical to be honest. Borderline attempted fear-mongering.

8 Likes

We’re sorry we’ve had to close the market for Instant Orders this morning. We’re experiencing a connectivity issue to our partner provider. I can confirm this is not related to the number of orders and our Engineers are working to get this resolved.

10 Likes

Thanks for the update Gemma. Hopefully this partner provider is not US based, otherwise we won’t be seeing any resolutions for at least another 2-3 hours the earliest

1 Like

Our Engineers are already working with them.

5 Likes

It is quite poor at the moment. Needs to improve.

This issue has now been resolved and Instant Orders are available.

Sorry once again for any inconvenience caused by this.

25 Likes

I think they may have fix the problem! Instant order are been placed again.

2 Likes

Yes, just tried. Platform’s back up.

Thanks for letting us know Gemma. Would you be able to tell us what the problem was? Hopefully it wasn’t a buggy deployment as any kind of release should be done mid week and mondays/fridays should be avoided for these exact reasons (but I’m sure your partner provider is already aware of this). I just don’t want this to be something to be lightly brushed off. We all love your platform and think it’s important to prevent this from happening again.

So far fro all the negativity done some corners. Sorted in two hours. What more can we ask for?

8 Likes

I read that Hargreaves was down a week or 2 ago (the same time as Robinhood), these are exceptional times!

4 Likes