Alpha content predictions

I would hope that niche markets would be on Plus, but that less popular stocks in core markets - UK and USA - are not put behind a paywall.

I know that @adam and @Viktor have mentioned something along the lines of - ā€˜it wonā€™t have everything to start with, but it will keep getting betterā€™. There is a danger that if the product is underwhelming on first release it could do far more damage than the delay of waiting a little longer and rolling out a product that is truly compelling for the target audience.

I am confident in the FT team though, they do a great job of setting out the vision for making investing accessible and my friends and partner who have started to use it all love it. I also like that there is a moral stance behind the kind of positive habits they are trying to build - ie, no options, CFDs, etcā€¦ as we have seen the damage these can do.

Would be great to see more detail in terms of info in the plus version. As @Rollingskies says - Stops, limits and live pricing are key. Pushed price alerts would be great too. Faster deposits should be for all as they are a barrier to more business being done on FT at the moment. Maybe free lifetime Applepay, etcā€¦ on Plus would be good, but transfers in do need to be faster for all than they are now regardless - something the team have acknowledged (I think Duncan alluded to it in the AMA the other week).

Personally seeing niche markets like NZ exchange and OZ, Korean, etcā€¦ would be great too (along with an NZ launch one day - my family there are always saying how great Freetrade sounds!!).

4 Likes

I did that when I got a fresh ISA allowance this year. Took me a couple of weeks to transfer stuff across from the basic. I sold a couple of grands worth in the basic and rebought in the ISA the same day with spare cash so that I got them at the same price, but then had to wait a few days before I could do the same again because I didnā€™t have enough spare cash lying around to do the whole lot that way. If I could have paid a small fee for an instant withdrawal I probably would have

As you say, I donā€™t think that should be a priority for Freetrade but HSBC InvestDirect Plus do something similar among others.

2 Likes

I had to something similar. It would be good to able to transfer shares directly from the basic account to the ISA account tbh

1 Like

This isnā€™t allowed under HMRC rules.

1 Like

You kind of can and can vote here

Freetrade could automate a transfer from basic to ISA, and no HMRC rule prevents that
(If less than 20000 and the shares are isa eligible)

https://community.freetrade.io/t/bed-isa/5960/3

Yes, you can bed and ISA but the share transactions have to take place on a stock exchange - so you canā€™t avoid any spreadā€¦ even if the transactions are commission free

Yes obviously still some spread but would make moving things to an ISA easier

1 Like

Iā€™d love one of the FT team to chip in with their Alpha content wishlist/predictions :wink:

6 Likes

Iā€™d like to buy Chinese stocks in a ISA account.

That is nothing to do with Freetrade but rules set down by HMRC.

1 Like

Welcome to July everyone, the month Alpha accounts are released. :tada::confetti_ball::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Any deadline Freetrade set, just add 3 months to it - I find it avoids disappointment!
SIPPS for example I imagine will be released around Christmas, (not September!). Hopefully weā€™ll hear about Plus soon, I just really want to know what features it will have at launch.

5 Likes

Have we got an more accurate ETA yet? Freetrade is starting to feel very stale to me in terms of features and really considering moving to 212.

1 Like

Saw a comment the other day from the team saying FT staff are testing it, so assume itā€™s not far away now? :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Seriously?

Freetrade have added just short of 1,000 new stocks and over 250 funds over the course of the last few months - and itā€™s feeling stale?!

1 Like

Iā€™ve experienced 212. Never again. There are some good equivalents but 212 isā€™ t one in my opinion.

1 Like

Agree, but you canā€™t deny FT needs limits, better analysis and better watchlist management ASAP.

I thought the recent crowdfunding influx would speed up development, I do worry about the release cycle.

btw whilst welcome, and arguably more important, I donā€™t see additional new stocks as new functionality.

5 Likes

I think all the glitches have to be sorted out as a priority, I have to restart, force stop the app and occasionally reinstall to get the app to work properly. One of the first things a new user would do is deposit cash, the delay involved isnā€™t going to create a good first impression. I think a lot of the company overall and invest in it, but not everybody would care about the firm put up with it.

What were your pain points with the product?