Alphabet - GOOG - Share Chat

Alphabet becomes the third U.S. tech company worth $1 trillion :chart_with_upwards_trend:

The stock hit an all-time high of $1,466 today.

What are your thoughts on its 2020 prospects?

Isn’t it the fourth, after Apple, Microsoft and Amazon?

Looks like Amazon’s current valuation is just under $1 trillion, according to Yahoo Finance.

1 Like

Anyone else had the most bullish year? Loving these tech stocks, I’m up like 20%. Alphabet, Microsoft, Apple :heart_eyes:.

Let’s see how it continues long term.

Maybe not 2020, but their announcement around killing 3rd party cookies by 2022 will just serve to further increase their advertising revenues.

Other beneficiary will be Facebook

3 Likes

2 Likes

Google IPO throwback 2004

2 Likes
3 Likes

A few interesting bits:

• YouTube ad revenue was $4.04 billion
  • Cloud reported $2.78 billion in Q1 2020.
  • “Google other revenues” — which includes hardware, Play Store, and non-advertising YouTube revenues — reported $4.44 billion, compared to $3.62 billion the same quarter last year

The closely-watched “Other Bets” continues to lose money. It reported $135 million revenue primarily generated by Verily and Fiber from $172 million last quarter. However, it lost $1.12 billion compared to $868 million in Q1 2019.

2 Likes

Interesting to see more videos of Waymo in action (I think NDA is lifted with the new rollout)

I think Google pay are on the rise they aren’t that well known right now but with eBay’s contract with PayPal at an end Google pay is going to be on the rise

This is owned by Alphabet (GOOGL), Google’s parent company, and trades at a market cap of over $1 trillion.

1 Like

Google is part of google which is part of Alphabet.

I thought eBay and PayPal were pals?

PayPal was spun off a while back. eBay originally bought the company after IPO.

1 Like

I clearly don’t keep up with the ongoings of eBay

eBay have ended the use of PayPal on the platform and now payments are managed by Adayen.

1 Like

Thanks for the request, @Totalguy, and welcome to the forum :wave:

1 Like

Who else is enjoying the worldwide Google outage today! YouTube, Gmail, Drive, Google Workspace (formerly Google Apps, G Suite) and who knows what else… all down.

1 Like