Amazon - AMZN - Share Chat

Good pre market movement upwards today :smiley:

2 Likes

My dad got this update on his car, he barely uses the one in his house so needless to say I won’t be used much!

1 Like

Might get more use in a Corsa

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: I have never used, after novelty playing first day, my house version, others use it, but do use my Echo buds when out and about so see your point but while driving I could see myself actually using it a lot more. If Satnat etc could be done without touching the screen it would be great.

1 Like

I have hue lights and a fire TV so use Alexa to control those and automations is useful. “Alexa Bruno” turns the lights purple and plays Encanto on Disney plus which my toddler watches daily.

On their own they have limited uses.

2 Likes

I have an Echo Show 15. Screen quality is very good. I have it linked to my smart lighting, plugs, cameras, hive heating and ring doorbell. Works great. I don’t even have to get off the sofa (makes me sound lazy).

2 Likes

Amazon have such a good model of something does really well on the platform they just buy the company and rebrand it. Not sure on the ethical side of it but as a business it is pretty awesome. Hell even the whey powder, PBN, I have bought for ages has just been taken over by Amazon and re-branded Amfit and the price went up from £12-13 to over £19.

It is hard to see how they will fail to get even more successful unless by regulations.

1 Like

With $68.4bn in cash reserves they can pretty much take over any small innovative business, slap an Amazon logo on it and make money.

2 Likes

£106 for amazon prime now Holy donkey nuts!!!

Price rises for the UK haven’t been announced yet have they?

1 Like

Not yet.

1 Like

So if I but prime now quickly I might be able to get it cheap?

93%!!

4 Likes

Insane figures

1 Like

Amazon have announced a 20 to 1 stock split.

3 Likes

20/1 & 10bn buyback Mr Jassey doesn’t mess around!

On a serious note Amazon don’t have a history of this kind of thing under Jeff Bezos, I wonder if this signals them running out of big enough markets to funnel R&D money into.

1 Like
2 Likes

why do amazon care so much about letting retail get in for full shares?