Amazon - AMZN - Share Chat

Oh it’s okay, that writer is pretty decent :wink: its @Jthejellybean himself.

3 Likes

Cheers for the plug, Neil. Appreciate it!

2 Likes

I do see where you’re coming from, but do I give my articles a chance! Especially companies I cover in detail :blush:

3 Likes

It’s almost like they’re making it easier for regulator to inevitably break them up into a parcels/logistics company, online marketplace, Alexa division, cloud computing division etc…

2 Likes

Yikes.

1 Like
3 Likes

AWS propped the operating income up this quarter, otherwise would have been a bigger loss - https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/28/aws-earnings-q1-2022.html

1 Like

I dropped Amazon when Rocket Man stepped down and they were heading into headwinds. Staff cost more, people are spending less & they had to hire so fast they risk duplication and being a bit ‘chubby’

10% is wiping off 140bn! That’s like sending Barclays, NatWest, Lloyds & National Grid to £0.

6 Likes

Lost a massive 12.5% in just over an hour. Oof! But still overpriced. More of a correction I think.

1 Like

IMHO it’s still a long term hold!

2 Likes

Ouch

I just bought tons of stuff from amazon as well, I didn’t make a dent :smiley:

4 Likes

now nearing the $2k price… ill hold but yeah, not sure ill buy either, long term or not AMZN is entering a period of danger and restructuring of the business no doubt…

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-21/amazon-aims-to-sublet-end-warehouse-leases-as-online-sales-cool?sref=UBkQzfj0

If we see this drop much past $1tr there is no way that Mr Bezos doesn’t start playing a bigger roll in day to day operations again.

1 Like

I really want to add Amazon to my LISA but my LISA provider don’t do fractionals because they are worse than single ply toilet paper.

1 Like

In fairness it was probably during the time of Mr Bezos that the warehouse expansion happened, would have been a good 18+ months ago that it’ll have been signed off.

Definitely doesn’t help, but this seems a smaller headwind/reason for the share price drop compared to the wider economic factors at play.
With these bigger factors in effect, not sure what Bezos would change day to day to affect it, as is it’s effectively a cost tightening/reduction and some doubling down on AWS to try help the bottom line.

1 Like

Amazon aren’t daft and they would have made space projections, it speaks to these headwinds the whole of the US economy faces. Based on my, albeit anecdotal evidence, they regularly can’t meet my subscription and save orders. This is new and not something I’ve been affected with in the past.

By coming back Jeff will have licence to cut some of the areas that have grown a bit fat while being welcomed as a returning king.

2 Likes

I know where you are coming from. I am disappointed with the standard of the “brand new books” that have come recently … new books should be pristine with no sign of shelf ware. The one thing that Amazon stood for, for me, was customer focus and that focus seems to have eroded.

2 Likes

Insider knowlage insider knowlage, everyone on the inside knew that’s why the big sell off, save the planet save it…