Amazon - AMZN - Share Chat

Sorry, what?! Who even thought for a second this would be something people want?

“I really miss Nan, I wish there was could bark home automations at her, Nan turn off the lounge lights”

Amazon seems to be pursuing that parasitic Facebook-esq relationship with their hosts customers.

4 Likes

This is just creepy :ghost:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t want it but I think it will be really popular. After all, some people buy Live Love Laugh stickers for their wall or replace their entire gardens with toxic plastic grass.. You never know what people are going to be in to

I’m not a psychologist but perhaps it may help some people/young children?

2 Likes

I’ve not taken much interest in stocks recently due to everything just going down. But Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m sure last time I checked Amazon they were around $3,000 a share?

They did a 20-1 stock split earlier this year

2 Likes

That’s the best time to be interested!

4 Likes

Up 6% today which is good news because everything else just dropping. Do hope these shares reach the 2k mark again after getting them so cheap

You haven’t got them “cheap”. The shares were split 20:1. If you had 1 share before at $2000 you ended up with 20 shares at $100 i.e. 1 new share owns 1/20 of the company the old share owned.

In order for the new $100 share to rise to $2000 now, you are basically saying that the old $2000 share would have risen to $40000. I have not seen such a wonderfully optimistic prediction for the share price to reach in at least in the next 10 years from anyone. Today the company is capitalised at $1.13 trillion. Your expectation and hope is that the companies capitalisation will be $22 trillion.

However, If you hope your share hits $300 in 4-5 years … there are some grounds for that level of optimism. It would be a great gain and nothing to be sniffed at.

8 Likes

There are lots of commons like this. I wonder if Amazon is heading into big tech data hell along with Facebook?

1 Like

Its always the customers that pay in the end but will a price increase turn customers off. Time will tell!

1 Like

I think they’ve priced this right. £95 is probably the max I would pay - it saves me money with subscription & save but if they hit three figures I’d have to get the old calculator out and do the sums.

2 Likes

The price increases are going be even higher for some European countries.

2 Likes

Sold for a 6.8% gain. After re-evaluating AMZN I can’t see myself buying it unless it drops sub $100.

Out of interest what didn’t you like? I ask as someone who hasn’t held Amazon since last year

Up 11.5% after hours!

2 Likes

Because I love missing out on making money

2 Likes

Woot split, cheap stocks and this 12% jump. Total = 25% profit.

It is really interesting to read the quarterly/yearly statements of companies that interest you. I find I learn a lot from these.

2 Likes