AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

You need to own AMC shares before the 15th Aug to be eligible for to get the APE shares. APE shares will be distributed at the end of the 19th Aug by AMC, and will go public on the 22nd Aug.

You should likely receive shares on or shortly after the 19th (keeping in mind its end of day US time). You can ask Freetrade for more details if youd like

5 Likes

On my IBKR account, it is showing the Ex-Dividend date as 12th Aug. I would buy before this date instead of the 15th Aug just in case, to make sure you are eligible for the APE share.

3 Likes

Good catch

3 Likes

They list August 15th in the announcement, best to be done by the 12th to be safe.

2 Likes

Thanks guys

When are Freetrade going to tell AMC shareholders their position on the APE stock.
Seem suspiciously quiet on this.

2 Likes

If all you have is a hammer suspicion everything looks like a nail conspiracy.

You’ll get the shares, after all, if it all a fraud what’s to stop the bad guys doing a bit more of the ole fraud?

4 Likes

Hey, welcome to the forum.

Did you message Freetrade and ask them regarding any specific questions you have on your AMC position?

As far as im aware I see no reason that it won’t be handled like any other similar action. You would receive your new allocated APE shares for each AMC share you hold. Just like those holding GSK received HLN shares. Though in this case the allocation of a new ticker and stocks doesn’t include a split up of the company.

5 Likes

Thank you Eden. I appreciate it buddy

Osi

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear

Thanks for the prompt response
Appreciated

Guess who’s back Meme stocks back

2 Likes

I should go on holiday more often. Last time I went away $amc hit $70

1 Like

APE units? Wowzers. Well, I think this is a great way for AMC to celebrate my birthday on the 22nd. Thanks, guys! :heart:

Also, no wonder the price is so volatile. Every time I think I should just take my money out and put it safely in the bank, something cool happens. Every day is a learning day :relaxed:

3 Likes

So for every share in AMC we hold we get an APE? How much will each APE be worth? Does anyone know this?

APE DIVIDEND UPDATE FROM FREETRADE

Our Corporate Actions team are speaking with various third parties at the moment who play a part in us holding US stock and administering corporate actions, and we’re just double-checking this dividend with them before we can confirm the details.

Due to the level of contact, we’ll be in touch via an in-app post as soon as we know more and have the answers that you need.

3 Likes

That’s the same response I got also

Just had a in app message and anyone in freetrade that holds amc will receive #ape when it’s listed on the nyse so great news

7 Likes

How come 11/08/2022 amc closed at $25.46 but my free-trade closed is totally different?