AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

Show me. I asked for an instance of someone crying about losses, show me someone pumping.

Blame for what David, I’m massively in profit. I highly doubt that, without a double bankruptcy, I will lose a penny. I mentioned Reddditors because I’m sick of the false narrative of concern for their money. You are concerned for your own and the ramifications any upheaval from this may have. Be straight and stop the ‘caring’. Honestly, no one cares about your money.

I would also ask for one instance of Reddit showing Cramer love, from your years of being on WSB (I was only there a wet weekend).

Ok, first I haven’t been talking about you specifically. I replied to you in the first place because I wanted to give my opinion, to educate as you already pointed out, mainly for the benefit of other readers. I simply thought your opinion on the price targets was a bit dangerous, a $8-12 valuation for AMC is a perfectly valid number based on cash flows and people should consider that when they buy in, as so many people have said before this is not a value play. And a $1 price target for AMC back in February is not more unrealistic than $40, but here we are.

Secondly, the main reason I follow this AMC drama is because I know people who invested a lot of money in this. Believe it or not, I also care about new investors here making or losing money, I enjoy the community and I enjoy teaching what I know, that is why I am here, I join the forum every once in a while and see if anyone has questions about investing and tax matters. I am not here to shill, it brings me no benefit, I have no idea what “You are concerned for your own and the ramifications any upheaval from this may have” means. However, you are right, I do not care about redditors money, specially when the seem to enjoy posting their losses.

You asked for examples, so I can come back later when this is over and probably give you some. Although you’d have to be naive to think no one has lost money so far just because they haven’t posted it on a forum.

Ok, ok. I have an opinion on price targets being meaningless for the most part. I used the word meaningless myself in agreement with another user.

I asked for examples of Reddit showing Cramer love or people crying about their losses. Maybe they did love Cramer at one point(!) I’ll stand corrected if needed. What I’m hoping you’ll show me with those crying about losses is either people who sold when they shouldn’t have i.e. too early (just look at current price). Or people who played options.

I’m new to this. Do you think AMC are a good buy at the moment? I can see them going up as things re-open and people get out and about.

This is not over yet though so hard to give examples of something I think will happen in the future. An example from the past, different situations but I think it applies quite well, is SXX back a few years ago when people lost their whole pensions because someone told them it was going to moon.

The Cramer example I won’t try to find after 7 months of posts, so I don’t mind removing that comment from my argument. Sorry, I didn’t give evidence but I won’t bother finding it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t buy on fundamentals at this price, it’s valued way higher that it was before the pandemic. the only reason to buy now is if you believe there is going to be a short squeeze. Lot’s of arguments for and against further up this thread

5 Likes

I think it is good as a swing trade stock: it goes up and down a lot so you might buy on Monday cheaply and sell it on Wednesday for £5 more. I don’t believe anymore the big squeeze. But if it happens, kudos to the hodlers.

2 Likes

It’s not for the faint hearted this stock … very volatile.

3 Likes

There are people on this very thread (not that far back ie last 7 days) saying that they’ve sold for small losses.

I don’t see them “crying” but let’s not kid ourselves (and before you take it personally. I’m not accusing you of this but talking generally) that all amc owners got in at low prices and will be able to sell high. On that I agree with you that people need to take responsibility as the market doesn’t care.

However just because the market doesn’t care doesn’t mean that individual investors can’t try to help less experienced people. We’re still seeing people ask if they should jump on now.

6 Likes

Fair do’s, I take back any obstinance inferred. The majority of my experience with ‘meme’ stocks is GME and the dip to $40 sorted out the majority of the early buyers with a nice average down.

2 Likes

I got in way to high at $57 but not put a fortune in so all a bit of fun as a first time trade, any tips?

1 Like

I’d say you can never do enough research about the stock you’re in. It’s a daily habit for me now after so long :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t follow hype and YouTube. Only people who hype anything are doing it for themselfs unless you can see its strong company.

1 Like

Hi @Turnbull13

You’ve joined the markets at a time that has never been seen before, will it continue?

Who knows we’ve never seen so many retail investors (like yourself) with access to the ability for cheap / free trading.

AMC, is it a good stock?

No. it’s not really an investment it’s a bet. Now all stock purchases are a bet, you’re buying stock in [insert any company here] from someone because you think it’ll go up more than they do. You may think this because of a hunch or because of analysis you’ve done. There is limited analysis you can do on $AMC because it’s technical, complex & (if you believe the hype) hidden.

Treat this like a bet and you’ll be in much safer territory, the information you can access is closer to a hunch on who will win what Olympic medal or horse race.

5 Likes

Well I do like a bet I suppose lol, thanks

2 Likes

Followed this for months and it’s uncovered so many worrying details about the US stock market that it starts to make you wonder whether you’ll have more luck backing a greyhound race than investing in the US stock market!

2 Likes

I think you’re OK if you stick to successful companies. I’m over 100% up on my Microsoft shares for example. Over 300% up on Nvidia. You don’t have to gamble on small cap with no profits

1 Like

You shouldn’t invest in stocks at all with your knowledge. Just invest in ETFs and save yourself the stress and disappointment.

1 Like

I think the point I’m trying to make is that in the USA certain stocks are *allowed * to be successful and those that could be successful through innovation and fundamentals don’t always get there due to market collusion.

But AMC is not an innovative company that could be successful if only the nasty hedge funds left it alone. It’s massively in debt, makes huge losses and is in a diminishing industry. It was already going downhill, That’s why the shorts target it in the first place

7 Likes