AMC Entertainment - AMC - Share Chat

There’s a seller for every buyer though

1 Like

Not if the buy is neutral and that’s my point. Do you honestly believe there is only the 510million float out there? Jan 27th saw it trade 1.3 billion shares (and the float was smaller then). Did they really trade the whole float three times over on that day?

1 Like

That can happen, you can buy and sell a stock multiple times in a day. Especially if High Frequency trading bots are involved.

For every share that is bought someone sold it, whether that was a short seller or an ordinary trader doesn’t really make a difference. The price is ~$37 because someone is selling at that price

4 Likes

With that many retail investors who wanted to buy and hold? You can’t surely think that’s true?

Which bit don’t you think is true? Who are you buying shares off if no one is selling?

2 Likes

Of course it is true. Why would you think it wasn’t?

Perhaps the story of so many people wanting to buy and hold is just that a story….

There is so much confirmation bias in so many of these discussions where people discount alternative (simpler) explanations in favour of more complex explanations that “support” a particular narrative. I’m sure if you scroll up through the last few weeks you’ll see very similar discussions.

3 Likes

Can you show me many examples of a stock’s free float being traded three times over in one day?

1 Like

People have seen the stat that 80% is held by retail and immediately jumped to the conclusion that 80% of holders are Apes who will hold till the bitter end. there is no evidence to support that

2 Likes

That want quite my statement or my question

Here’s one from today

Shares outstanding 25M, Volume 110M

1 Like

Curious to know if the same thought process applies to GME with it’s 1.3mil volume?

My only thought process here is that if someone bought a share someone else sold it, not sure how that turned into an argument

1 Like

Thanks for showing me that. However not really comparable numbers to the size of the free float of AMC.
I do look forward to the outcome of how the meme stocks play out. I’m sure a lot of us have all made money out of them but more than anything it’s certainly opened my eyes on how the stock market works in the US

No argument here, unless you’re staring one lol :upside_down_face:

We have GME and AMC trading high and with very similar graphs. Just trying to have a discussion on the differences (i.e. volume) to try to ascertain what might be going on. I know most of you don’t think anything is amiss with the situation but some of us do. Healthy discussion is all and I get crickets in the GME thread lol.

3 Likes

I’m well up for a scrap though, bloody boring weekends ha :clown_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve no arguments either! :joy:

Just studied this for a long time and feel the whole issue has brought up so many questions that are trying to be redressed by the powers that be.

https://tokenist.com/in-depth-citadel-connect-and-dark-pools-uncovered/

1 Like

Haven’t ETFs created a lot of this mess in the first place? I invest in different ways but have been intrigued by this whole situation and how the ‘big boys’ are trying to shift FTDs and short positions. This whole thing appears to be far more complex than first imagined

1 Like

How are Disney+ and netflix subscriptions doing? Come back to be with that answer before talking about the cinema being a diminishing industry.

1 Like