Series B announcement MEGATHREAD

Hi everyone :wave:

The cat may be already out of the bag, but it’s time for us to officially share some very exciting news.

We can announce that we’ve closed our Series B, led by leading global VC firm, Left Lane Capital.

L Catterton, one of the world’s largest investors in consumer brands, and our existing investor, Draper Esprit, also participated in the round.

The oversubscribed round is expected to be worth in excess of £50m ($69m USD), as we’re also making a secondary opportunity available to all existing shareholders.

If you invested in a crowdfunding round, you should receive an email from Crowdcube later this week with details if you want to sell any of your shares.

You can read more on our blog:

We want to thank you all for your support in our journey so far, especially to our crowdfunding investors who have backed us since 2016.

We can’t wait for the next phase of our growth.

Thanks,

Freetrade Team

65 Likes

Great news…

2 Likes

What if you want to buy shares and not sell?

35 Likes

Awesome news! @Freetrade_Team when do we get to know the share price?

18 Likes

1 Like

Congratulations, FT team. Onwards and upwards.

Any chance shareholders can be informed about the amount of dilution? Thanks.

7 Likes

Amazing news. Well done to all those involved. ~£50M should be a huge boost for expansion. What exciting times!

3 Likes

I’ll buy but am not selling. :blush:

13 Likes

Same!

5 Likes

It’s only £35M. But agree it’s confusing!

2 Likes

Can we do follow on instead?

Thanks for sharing the news.

Thank you for creating the liquidity event associated with the Series B investment round for existing shareholders. Hopefully those interested will be able to buy or sell. My shares are not for sale atm.

I think this is an important achievement, must be celebrated and a word of appreciation for everyone that made the journey possible thus far is in order. Thank you Freetrade Team for your work. Appreciate it. I’m grateful for it.

Reaching this milestone is an uncommon event and I’m glad it has been achieved. But at what price? What price per share did the participants in the Series B paid for their stake in Freetrade? What is the valuation of Freetrade for the Series B?

I think it’s important to get these questions answered. And it’s not only out of curiosity. Trust and verify.

Many thanks and all the best

:+1: :muscle: :pray: :boom: :clinking_glasses: :confetti_ball: :partying_face: :freetrade:

28 Likes

When you do sell will you sell those shares with proof of provenance à la NFT? Perhaps with a gold digital collectors coin :joy:

4 Likes

you’re a genius. I’ll sell a digital token of the receipt and keep the shares :pray: :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh, I thought the article had said it was £35M from L Catterton so assumed the other ~£15M was from Draper Esprit as mentioned above?

Either way, it’s a decent leg-up!

1 Like

Also excited to learn this

Well done everyone at freetrade, but transparency and information are fundamental to this community. Will we be able to invest? What is the dillution? What are the next few road map events and when can we expect these to land?
Thanks again, super job👍

1 Like

Great News. Can you advise what the price per share was that the venture capitals paid @Freetrade_Team ?

4 Likes

Congrats to the team! I’m sure that’ll be growing a lot more this year!

Onwards to Europe! :rocket:

2 Likes