App no longer getting any improvements?

It’s been launched as the first test of their platform before they roll out more European stocks this year.

1 Like

I think a lot of community activity from the regulars was due to the excitement in the lead-up to the crowdfunding round (guess the share price) as well as a huge marketing push from FT (how many users now?) and unprecedented growth earlier in the year thanks to meme stocks (helping new users with support). Things dried up as the year drew to a close, we didn’t learn anything new about FT’s plans for 2022, and a slight bear market came into effect. Activity will probably be boosted once again when FT releases into new markets, releases long-awaited app improvements, announces new features, and so forth.

10 Likes

One huge gap that FT has right now is that doesn’t allow you to see the average price paid for a share anywhere in the app - if you have made purchases at various prices. This is standard on platforms such as HL. This is a requirement for CGT reporting for non tax efficient accounts.

4 Likes

Yeah, the whole portfolio section is a bit poor/weak IMO.

Like you can’t even see a graph excluding cash deposits - so everything looks awesome if you’ve been depositing regularly :rofl:

I know it’s meant to be a “simple” view but I’d rather have accurate than simple.

8 Likes

Cash is part of the portfolio. You might not think so. But others do and this is normal. If I have shares and I sell them I may keep cash as a part of the portfolio until I am ready to (re)invest.

2 Likes

I get that yes. But none of my other trading/investing accounts do it that way.

Trading value
Cash
Total portfolio

2 Likes

At least you admit that those accounts list Total portfolio is sum of cash and shares.

1 Like

Indeed. But the view also tells me my investment value. It’s a choice.

1 Like

I was considering putting £10k into GIA but I can’t because of the poor reporting. These issues may seem minor but they will harm the overall AUM.

1 Like

I have no issue with Cash being listed separately. Have an issue with what you imply around

because what is stated is accurate.

1 Like

If you tap a stock in your portfolio average price per share is there

4 Likes

Thanks! The fact it was so hard to find is either an issue with me or the app :smile:

2 Likes

Admittedly if you need it for tax reporting it would be much better if you could export values for the whole portfolio instead of going into each stock separately

1 Like

The graph you are looking for is in the insights tab under portfolio performance?

4 Likes

True. One of the problems with this whole thing is when you have the same share with different brokers. In the end you do have to do the calculations yourself. But I agree with you: a summary view would aid the process.

3 Likes

FT needs a much better export process for data. Like a way to get a set summary view emailed to the user.

1 Like

Yeah, I want my main graph to show the total value of the portfolio. If I just want to see performance that’s what the insights tab is for.

Although showing deposits as a separate line on the portfolio graph would be a good compromise I guess

4 Likes

One thing I don’t get with FT - When it says “you are up by £1,000” etc., does this include what I have already sold, or just my current investments?

It seems to include what you have already sold. I’ve emptied my GIA, it currently shows £0.00, up by £4731 since you began investing :laughing:

5 Likes

But what use is a graph that just keeps shooting up forever purely because you regularly deposit money in. It tells you nothing about your investment performance. The graph just tells you that you’re putting money in constantly which I already know.

8 Likes