Apple (AAPL) :iPhone: 🍏 - Share Chat

Great thanks Neil! It’s good to know it will increase the value of the shares I have :blush:

Surely Apple is undervalued at the moment. They keep beating expectations. I can see this stock going $200 (not financial advice)

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:Time to buy buy buy

4 Likes

On last Thursday Apple’s earnings beat expectations, but the company did not comment on their forward looking guidance for the stock.
Last Friday the Nasdaq 100 lost 4.47% .
The downward trend has resumed so it’s not buy, but sell and minimise your losses.

why sell, they will go up again eventually, then will end up buying them again at a higher price :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Apple is one of the few companies I don’t intend on ever selling. There are certain periods where I wouldn’t buy the stock given valuations, but I see no reason to ever sell any shares

6 Likes

Yes I’m the same. In fact if there is a downturn in the market and I have spare cash I tend to buy more! That way you benefit later.
But that’s just me and it isn’t for everyone. YMMV

2 Likes

tbh if you had asked when did apple stop making ipods I would have guessed 5 maybe 10 years ago.

2 Likes

Sad times or maybe not. I have been thinking about having a dedicated music player. Sometimes I don’t want to take a bulky phone out, for exercising etc.

2 Likes

For some people that is an Smart watch paired with Bluetooth headphones, streaming music from the cloud. For example Apple Watch+AirPods+Apple Music
But I think there are still some iPod nano sized devices out there if you want local music

Nice, I don’t know much about smart watches but I was thinking whether they can do music. Thanks

Next device is probably a complete phone inside of an earpiece running on voice commands. I’m calling it now! :smile:

Maybe linked to your actual phone through the cloud. And you can ask for news headlines and things like that, stock prices, weather, directions via Google maps.

1 Like

I also think there is room for a Fitness Band type device which would be an Apple Watch without a screen, but with the ability to have an NFC capability for Apple Pay - to compete with the cheaper Fitbits etc.

1 Like

Apple leaning harder into financial services

2 Likes

Didn’t I also hear they’re planning on bringing card payments to existing iPhones at some point too? As in - bonking your card on someone’s phone can pay them an amount.

That would annihilate so many businesses like Square (block), SumUp and others.

1 Like

Yes, they’re calling it “Tap to Pay”

They say that the feature will work with partner payment platforms with Stripe being first up, so I think that means it’s more of a threat to the reader hardware than the payment platforms themselves.

4 Likes

I like the idea but I’m not sure where a Fitness Band would fit in Apple line-up. Wouldn’t they prefer you to step up to one of the previous generation Apple Watches that they still sell? Then you’d be half way to buying a full price Apple Watch next time around!

1 Like