Argo Blockchain - ARB - Share Chat

the momentum was crushed with the back to back dilution.

:joy::joy: we will definitely see Ā£3 again and more just might be another month or two now, Iā€™d like to think that they have a plan set in place to recover, the lack of posting in times like this is suspicious though either some reassurance or even just acknowledgement would have went a long way today

It mentions in the article above that they had a lucky March mining and it isnā€™t as simple as mirroring the BTC price. From what I understand the mining element is a lucky/unlucky ride so this would explain price not matching exactly.

I thought Freetrade was designed for long term trading; and yet some of the comments in this thread indicate that a number of short term traders have started using it. Weird.

7 Likes

Yes I have noticed the volume of RNS updates has really reduced over the past few weeks / month. It used to be pretty much every day back in January/February. Its almost as if they set too much of a precedent with the volume of PR beforeā€¦

I agree with others that they do need to release some positive news soon or else some investors may choose to sell and move onā€¦ (not me though ha)

Ok, Id get your reasoning or it was flatlining but why is it actually going down?

Todayā€™s sp is concerning regardless of short or long term positions

1 Like

I think people bought in expecting the thrill of a quick gain, but the stock has found them wanting over the last few weeks and so are selling and moving on to other things. This is why it is going down, no longer any significant buyers.

To hold longterm the investment has to make sense. If the fundamentals change or your faith in the share changes then it makes sense to reduce your holding. For me, my expectations for future share price arenā€™t what they were. I see it going back up to 300-400p at some point but I donā€™t see it being a multi bagger any more.

Since I invested in ARB Iā€™ve found a few other shares which I reckon will do better in the longterm that donā€™t come with the risk of a crypto crash. So far Iā€™ve not had to sell any ARB to fund them but I donā€™t rule it out in the future. Iā€™ve only a limited pot of money to invest and I want it to be in the shares I have the most belief in.

Everyone has a different reason to sell. Just because someone intends to hold longterm that doesnā€™t mean they will if a better opportunity presents itself. Given that 2022 and 2023 will likely be a bear market for BTC I donā€™t think itā€™s unreasonable that people want to make some profit out of this before the end of the year.

1 Like

OK that would be a logical explanation.

Any stock that goes up by thousands % can expect to stabilise short term :+1: People need to relax and do a bit of research as there are decent reasons.

1 Like

Yes I think Iā€™m roughly in the same place as your second paragraph :+1:.

So what you are saying is that no one should buy ARB in the short term until the price stabilises at whatever level it needs to? Itā€™s tough to call however. I thought it had stabilsed around 230-250p when I was buying in. Maybe should have waited.

No not at all!!! Just saying it is not that difficult to find reasons for the prices, simples :+1:

1 Like

I agree, but finding the correct reasons is important when it comes to understanding the drops. From what I gather sentiment is dropping as some big sellers have been dumping their shares, causing retail investors to panic sell. This makes the drops worse. I donā€™t think it is simply that the share was over bought at 250p. 300p+ was too soon maybe.

I think investors are realizing that there is little ambition of the company in relation to a listing on the Nasdaq, while the stock price does not react with the rise of BTC and there is still limited access to the OTC by investors, so a sell off is being the way. Many other stocks showing better signs of growth.

1 Like

Same will no doubt happen with coinbase. Many will make decent money and cash in the bonus and then people will buy when the price is too high and then it will settle.

Yeah I really donā€™t understand why they havenā€™t announced a Nasdaq listing yet, because as far as I am aware they meet the criteria.

I always got the feeling that they were hinting at ā€˜making our stock available to the most number of investorsā€™ / ā€˜we love US investors, they really get what we are doingā€™ and comments of that natureā€¦

Been reading on lse chat that a 4 million sell order went through today which may have contributed. Someone also reckons the stock is being shorted more - up from 90k to 480k in the past week. I did also see this today ARB - Argo Blockchain PLC Institutional Ownership - XLON | Morningstar which shows both funds and institutions have reduced holdings in the millions recently.

So I think a lot of negative things are happening behind the scenes which are causing panic among retail investors causing further drops.

2 Likes

No logic