Argo Blockchain - ARB - Share Chat

Cryptocurrency mining, exposure to cryptocurrencies without physically trading, potentially a good hedge for the portfolio

2 Likes

Provides crypto currency services. Customers can mine Ethereum and other altcoins. Presently a steal at 3 pence at 3pm today. Year high is 13.10 pence so has the chance to make great gains once crypto takes off again, which it will. BTC has recently been rallying and altcoins too.

Hi Mary,

They completely changed their strategy back in Feb, no more crypto mining for customers from 1st April. Therefore 3p isn’t a steal, as it’s not clear what their new strategy is going to be…

By the way, I’m very much in favour of your efforts to get more shares added - I think Freetrade are being very short sighted in ignoring 99% of AIM at present, and I hope this changes in the near future.

Hi Tom, yes, I’m aware that because of the sharp decline in crypto currencies Argo stopped their mining contracts to customers. The company is temporarily moving away from mining as a service (MaaS) to mining directly for its own account as they want to be in a strong position for when the crypto market improves. Argo intends to continue to be a market leader in Proof of Work mining while at the same time exploring Proof of Stake mining technology with the goal of ultimately providing a leading product offering and trusted brand in both areas. Despite headwinds, the company is now mining profitably on all hardware purchased since inception.

2 Likes

Current profits of this company are over $1.5m per month - expected to nearly triple by year end (when new mining gear commissioned). All this with a MCap of just £23m. Expect this share to fly in early part of 2020 - needs adding ASAP. (Currently 7.8p sp)

2 Likes

Maiden profit reported today

Stocks performing well now BTC is rallying, be good to have it included in ft.

Can we please please have this. It’s the only publicly-traded crypto miner.

1 Like

Another one I managed to get on trading212 but not here. Please add

1 Like

Cheers FT. Just invested.

2 Likes

Hi. I have never invested in crypto let alone a mining Co. Can I have some more detail on what you expect from this investment pleass Matt? Ta,

It’s similar to a traditional miner. If they manage to get more performance out of their servers, they will mine more Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin moves in the market like any other commodity. If it goes up, and it has done so in the past year, their output will become even more valuable.

Nice move today… :partying_face:

Lots of sellers early doors who turned 100% in a matter of days… Interesting to see what happens during the course of today!

1 Like

If you bought at this point. I salute you. May I borrow your crystal ball.

Look at BTC :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

This is one helluva train…loving this ride! :rocket:

5 Likes

No wonder .