ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK) - No KIID

That’s magic, thanks. @Duncan Freetrade could do so many interesting product things with @finki’s api that are broader than the usual etf screeners - have a meeting pls!

4 Likes

For people who want to go for an ARK ETF, why not just go for our local SMT (Scottish Mortgage Trust)?

It’s not an ETF, rather, it’s an investment trust, similar in spirit (they invest in what they think is going to be future shaping companies) and similar(ish) performance. Extremely solid, I would say.

1 Like

Nice! thanks for the heads up :slight_smile: keep them coming!

Or better still create a Pie like M1 Finance and allow people to set up their own ETFs! All you need to do is add as many stocks in the ARKK etf into freetrade and people can then add those stocks into a single pie and auto invest thereby creating their own etf. The beauty is that it also allows people to add their own individual weighting for each stock that they add into their pie!

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there’s any desire or movement within the EU or /UK after brexit. To relax or remove the KDDI requirement or some form of workaround. Or likewise any indication that ETFs in the US may start producing this? Or is this a limitation that’s not likely to be resolved anytime soon?

The UK has adopted all of the EU financial regulations to ensure comparability between the two regimes. So the short answer is no.

This is why Ireland and Luxembourg domiciled ETFs will still be available in the event of a no deal Brexit.

1 Like

Would love this one!

1 Like

Hi Freetrade,
Can you add the following ARK ETFs?

Thank you.

Source: https://ark-funds.com/

ARKK: ARK Innovation ETF
ARKW ARK Next Gen Internet
ARKG Ark Genomic Revolution
ARKF ARK Fintech Innovation
ARKQ ARK Autonomous Tech & Robotics ETF

please make it stop
:man_facepalming:

mifid, priips, kiids, us etfs in europe for retail investors

Google any or all

5 Likes

:joy: he’s from 1999 leave him be :laughing:. Where were you in 99 finki?

Cynical responses to your fellow forum users are a waste of your spare time. I’m a recent ex-pat familiar with U.S/CA reg not EU, but thanks for pointing out why only UCITS are allowed. Your reminders are appreciated but try and be a bit less presumptuous and not assume every repeat question comes from what you deem an ignorant millennial - not everyone cares/has an interest in scanning these forums or the retail segment of finance and its associated regulations. You could have worked at a retail brokerage firm, someone else could be in PE or Distressed Debt but sarcastic statements by either party against another on topics within ones spec domain of expertise is stupid and all too common on retail forums. let’s all just be kind and assume we can learn something from one another?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s unreasonable to assume that knowledge for every new investor, but just typing this subject line immediately shows this is a duplicate thread (and the lack of KIID)

Also seriously how much are ARK spending on marketing? The volume of forum traffic around these is crazy.

1 Like

Not a new investor - just new to the EU/UK reg framework

ARK is popular in the U.S because it holds basket of all the frothy tech momentum stocks…it’s a relatively cheap vehicle for exposure to 20-30 equities where trailing 12-m earnings are acknowledged as irrelevant. Tesla represents around 10% of their holdings alone. I don’t think most people view it as a long term ETF they desperately want after seeing an ad or marketing gimmick about “innovation stocks”. It’s just a convenient vehicle for certain points of view from time to time.

1 Like

ARK clips from US financial news channels do very well on YouTube - the algorithm is always throwing them my way.

:pray:welcome

Guessing you’ve not checked out my hundreds of (hopefully) detailed and helpful responses over the years then? Of course you haven’t! You don’t like searching forums! Yet here we are. Weird days.

On an arguably more helpful note - Get yourself an account with Stake. Credit it with $30k USD. Self certify as an ‘accredited investor’. You now are no longer bound by retail investor rules and you’re free to buy ARK ETFs. It’s a legit solution. If you have $30k.

2 Likes

OMG! I’m getting old! In 1999, young Sir, I was working for a US stockbrokers (seems apt). The internet operated by dial up and trading commissions were massive! But we offered access to the US markets over the web to
U.K. clients. It was kinda Fintech before Fintech. Yet there was little Fin and questionable Tech. But much less fanfare. Much. Less. Fanfare.

4 Likes

Thanks for trying to be helpful but I think this whole thread’s intent has been misconstrued - I already have access to the fund elsewhere but wanted the convenience of having it and other funds available here on FT while experimenting with the platform as an investor in Freetrade. The “1999” name isn’t an age reference but that’s alright, I’ll roll with it since it’s giving people a chance to reminisce about what they did in the 90s. Not sure why you recommend Stake when there’s plenty of higher quality ibank-backed accredited investor platforms out there

2 Likes

Stake is by far and away the easiest platform to become an accredited investor on. Many others require financial statements and letters from accountants etc.

so you think it’s better because its compliance is less robust? Sounds like the kind of platform that will always be under threat of regulatory risk? Seems like that approach risks the potential for sudden reg reform that ends up revealing x% of Stake’s accounts need to have their eligibility reclassified…
Let’s assume liquid net worth requirements are met and one isn’t trying to fly under the radar for falling short of the min. capital. If financial disclosure req. aren’t an issue, I think it’s hard to argue the accr. investor platform offerings from Credit Suisse/GS/UBS/JPM aren’t superior to Stake…

1 Like