Arrival Group - ARVLF - Share Chat

I personally like their design, so I’m curious to see how their car would look.

1 Like

This passed me by but they also announced their 4th factory location yesterday in Madrid. The investor call seemed to go down well also with their plans all seeming to be nicely on track. Transcript of the call here Arrival's (ARVL) CEO Denis Sverdlov on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha

3 Likes

https://www.hitachi.eu/en/press/arrival-electric-buses

6 Likes

Arrival looking good in premarket. Lots of people saying it’s a short squeeze on Twitter, couldn’t see any other news so :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

If WSB manages to pump this up it will be a great opportunity for them to sell some stock and raise capital, of course that wouldn’t be so good for anyone banking on a short squeeze

2 Likes

Can anyone shed any light of the implications of this for people holding shares:

1 Like

Welcome @Russ1 . I can’t see the article but as I understand it warrant holders have the option to purchase shares at $11.50 in exchange for warrants when the share price has been $18 for 20 days.
I think this could lead to a lower share value in the short term. So, maybe not good news for any shareholders wanting to sell.

1 Like

Cheers @Doubledig

1 Like

I’ve always thought that their small scale production factory doodad was a pile of shit but this article has made me pause for a second. Worth a read.

6 Likes
1 Like

I read that and I am still not convinced: they say microfactory to work without the polluting steelplate and paintshop parts but in reality they are just sourcing them from an external supplier. So the polluting part is just hidden away. The MF actually is only the construction site, like (as they compare as well) you would build a LEGO set. While you can move the small factory though, what are they going to do with their suppliers?

On the material: polyproylene or plastic, so basically a capitalist version of the Trabant,
On the design front (I addressed that before): They worked with a boxy design for years and suddenly they changed to the more angled windscreen. Even if it improves the performance, I am surprised that only now they are learning that an angled windscreen improves aerodynamics.
My conclusion: I am still staying clear of this company. Nice concept, but with a lot of questions to be answered.

1 Like

Ok and now I’ve read your comment and I’m back on the critical side of the fence… Just call me Indecisive Dave.

2 Likes

I think that’s a sensible position. I have invested in Arrival but retain a healthy degree of skepticism about whether the microfactory approach will work. In that respect, the bus is a key product for them. Most buses are manually assembled with relatively little series production so they should be able to develop that product even if they hit issues with their automated processes. On the other hand, if it does work as hoped then they will be on to something massive. No harm in watching from the side lines for a bit though and seeing how well they hit their goals over the next 12 months. In hindsight, I would have got a much better price had I done that myself! I am happy to give them a couple of years, hopefully see them launch their products on time and prove their model works.

3 Likes

Arrival have one of there buses at the Goodwood FOS

9 Likes

Arrival and leaseplan agreement

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/07/15/2263207/0/en/LeasePlan-and-Arrival-sign-partnership-to-bring-revolutionary-electric-vans-to-European-cities.html

2 Likes

Does anyone know why this stock is on a continuing downward trajectory

Probably because no excited news for this company. Still No products at all and only R&D. I bought some anyway just below 13. I think it’s cheap price at the moment.

I think the simplest answer is that many EV SPACs just got really overhyped at the end of last year. For perspective this was worth about as much as Nissan at one point.

This paper described the phenomenon:

6 Likes