Astra Space Inc πŸš€ πŸ›° - ($ASTR) - Share chat

That was the most perfect earnings call I’ve ever heard as an investor. Done in 30 minutes, because Chris Kemp managed to answer all questions proactively without dodging anything. Problems with transparency and why launches can’t be disclosed? Done, document will be out tomorrow laying out reasons. Problems with cash flow? Covered. Management went so far as to breakdown the margins and revenue per launch. Just amazing.

1 Like

American launch vehicle company Astra Space reported its Q1 earnings results yesterday evening. EBITDA was in line with guidance at a loss of $47.5m, and comments made on the earnings call paint a bright future ahead. With plenty of launches coming up and the development of its other offerings that include space products and space services, I think the Astra Space share price could be set for lift off.

Disclaimer: I do not stand to profit in any way from sharing this article or the views I get. I am merely sharing this as an opinion to offer my insight to the stock whilst hoping to contribute to the discussion. These posts have been also been cleared by the mods.

2 Likes

Wow! Astra looks to expand launch capacity with SaxaVord UK Spaceport from 2023 onwards!

https://investor.astra.com/node/8296/html

1 Like

Very cool. Now if only Shetland was easier to get to!

1 Like

Fancy a trip, Neil? :wink:

Road trip!

2 Likes

Info is good. Sadly not the kind of thing to :heart:.

1 Like

It’s disappointing, I don’t want to fall on the β€˜space is hard trope’ bit it is.

We’ve taken for granted the relative success of space but Astra are going to have to string together some successful launches and soon. They have about 12 months cash left so will be needed to raise fairly shortly. With 21% short and a 52 share price -82% I wouldn’t want to be the CFO right now.

1 Like

Bill gates is associated with the pithy

We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten.

People dispute the source but if interested read

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2019/01/03/estimate/

1 Like

Some big names credited with that saying. It’s a very concise observation.

1 Like

Potential dilution of upto to 25% / $100m over the next 24 months.

1 Like

Astra on Thursday announced a reset of its plans moving forward with regard to launch activity. The most recent failure appears to have catalyzed Astra to move in a new direction. In short, Astra will shift away from its previous mantra of being lean in terms of staffing, moving at breakneck speed, and being willing to tolerate failure in launch vehicles. It will also be going bigger in terms of its rocket size.

Looks like there won’t be much happening here for a while then!