Automatic reinvesting in shares

I suppose it’s possible to top up automatically from your bank account, but can you buy stocks automatically in Freetrade?

Not yet. You need to give the order yourself. But once fractional shares are introduced soon, this should be easier.

Autopilot is still under development and would expect it to be released by mid-2020, especially given 212 are releasing their version by April.

Also, there’s already some threads like this one on the topic that could use your :ballot_box::

2 Likes

Feels like it’s been pushed back because I can’t see it on the roadmap and it has not been mentioned much since around April 2019.

1 Like

Frustrating, hoping it’s been quietly worked on and not shelved indefinitely. :freetrade: need more (quality) engineers at this stage! Development output in customer facing features need to speed up, not slow down.

I want this as soon as reasonably possible:

2 Likes

Useful comments. Thank you.

Trading212 have just positioned themselves to be by far the best broker in the UK by functionality. They’ve just released their auto-reinvesting feature with automatic re-allocations.

If FreeTrade doesn’t respond with this feature within 6 months, I fear the battle is lost.

FreeTrade may be young but once people get used to the new advanced features on 212, they’re unlikely to switch.