Aviva - AV 💰 🛄

Got some at 341. Averaging 354 but 8% is a great return. Beats 1.3% cash in the bank.

You get 1.3?? I need to change bank… I get 0.5% :frowning:

Simply open an online Marcus instant access savings account, I was getting 1.45% monthly, they cut to 1.40%… Its simple and great.

3 Likes

It’s 1.3 now

1 Like

Not if you got the bonus rate (extra .10 for the year) its 1.40% for me. They may have stopped that since December id imagine. So yeh 1.30% without the bonus rate.

1 Like

Dividend is safe…for now.

Aviva is pressing ahead with plans to pay a dividend in May in spite of a sharp reduction in its capital strength.

The insurer warned today that its key Solvency II cover ratio— a closely watched measure of is ability to meet all claims — was now 175 per cent. Last week it said that the number as of December 31 was 206 per cent.

4 Likes

Good to know the dividend looks safe at the moment. I’m averaging down and currently -16%. Hoping this June payout will take a chunk out of that. Expecting medium term dividend cuts and more price turbulence but solid gains longer term.

3 Likes

After sleeping on it and watching the share price tank again, everything i said I still believe but I’m a little more concerned short term. And longer term the world may be a different place when we get through this. So at the moment I’ve reached my personal risk limit of what I’m prepared to tie up. Keeping under review, but for now the average I’ve got is the average I’ve got,

1 Like

Any idea why the price is different at the moment on yahoo to Freetrade?

2 Likes

Should say at the bottom:

Does that makes sense?

2 Likes

Sorry,no. Excuse my ignorance.

2 Likes

Ok. So if you see the first pic that’s the last point Freetrade updated the price.

If you then look at the graph, I’ve put a line roughly in the same time as Freetrade with the price at that point (they match).

So the higher price is correct, Freetrade just didn’t collect it before market close.

2 Likes

Wonderful. Thank you.

2 Likes

Aha that’s a nice although probably short lived surprise. My holding is still valued at FT’s last price of 237. Didn’t realise this was a thing. It’ll all come out in the wash but FT should consider this to be a bug. I usually follow prices on investing.com but last checked at about 425pm. Thanks!

@timdrew @Ian

Should the app do a whip round at market close to get finalised pricing? Looks like Aviva is quite a bit out of date on the app at the mo (see up for Freetrades price Vs Google).

1 Like

Just reported this in the feedback section of the app chat. Again, not a major issue for me but I think it needs fixing. I’ll watch out for it in future.

It should. Not something it ever has but something you should see in the next few weeks!

4 Likes

Now at the dizzy heights of ‘only’ 10% down. In for the long term but good for the short term if the announced final dividend holds.

Aviva shelve final dividend.