Aviva plc AV

This insurance goliath offers car, home, health and life insurance to millions of customers. They also have a host of investment products.

So, I’ve just opened an ISA and going down the route of using some temporary cash to buy Aviva in the ISA tomorrow and selling in the GIA to get my cash back. This way there’s minimal time delay risk. Question is… one day before earnings are announced, do I double up temporarily by delaying selling in the GIA in anticipation of a bonanza with Thursday’s results?
(Lots of personal factors unique to me in this decision - and my sensible long term investing head says don’t do it - but I’m tempted)

So Aviva has pulled out of Italy selling its life insurance arm for €543 million. They want to reinvest in their main areas and paydown doubt. Not a bad thing. Aviva has had a nice steady rise since the coronavirus crash.

Agreed, I bought a few £000s between March and August ‘20 when it was very low and is now my biggest % gain. Still don’t own all that much, but I can’t complain!

To what degree do you think the sell-offs might impact revenue? The price is up quite a bit recently, but still looks attractive, so I’m weighing up whether to dip my toe.

Gone up over 3% already today. Seemingly the only news is this:

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m invested in this stock, and I’m going to top up on this news