B&M European Retail šŸ›’ - BME

No, you will get a divi on each UK share that you own and a % of US ones if you have a fractional. You can go to the link below and search the stock then fill in share volume to find out how much and when you will get paid. Just remember Freetrade may be a couple days later to get the payment through to you. :+1:

DividendMax - notifications, declarations, forecasts and tools for UK private investors

Oh, and welcome to the forums!!

2 Likes

Oh wow this is super helpful, thank you so much. Iā€™m going to do that now!

1 Like

So I signed up added my amount of shares
It states it will email me when they announce any dividends info

No price tho, but thatā€™s fine!

You donā€™t need to sign up to check. Go to the top right hand corner and click the search button, edit the share volumes and then it will give you the amount.
With B&M they have not announced yet so it isnā€™t there but they try and get you to sign up for a guess of the amount. The Declaration date is 16th November so it will show the amount after that date.

If you try it with say GLAD, Gladstone, you will see the next amount as they have a set payment. This will show you how it will look later when they announce. :+1:

Hi @Jakeandrews everyone here was once a complete beginner so donā€™t worry. Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions you have - were a friendly bunch.

Freetrade have put together some useful resources to help out HERE. If you want to just straight to information about how dividends work and the dates that are important THIS is what youā€™re looking for. There is also an

As @Big-g said you donā€™t need do anything if this is a long term hold for you then you can just wait for the email / notification from :freetrade:

Swing past the beginners thread and have a glance or search you might find some useful information there.

2 Likes

Special Dividend of 25p per share for BME paid today and received same day in the account. Good work FT

Does anyone know if UK taxpayers can claim the 15% withholding tax on the dividends back?

I didnā€™t think so as theyā€™re based in Luxembourg. Iā€™ve only got a small holding but it was a surprise to me today. Shouldnā€™t have been but I didnā€™t see it reference before I brought in.

It might be possible. Youā€™d need to check any tax treaties Luxembourg has with the UK.

For what I understand even if you can make a claim on a foreign countries witholding tax itā€™s only really worth it if you have a super large holding in that position.

I know you can do it with a Spanish stock and it doesnā€™t matter whether the stock was bought on the Spanish exchange or on the UK exchange as a CDI. The same would apply. Even if you can do it, itā€™s only really going to be worthwhile of you have a particularly large position in the stock in question.

(I have to do this)

I declare I am in no way a tax professional and Iā€™d advise you to do your research or consultant a qualified tax professional if unsure.

1 Like

There is a related thread on this for US W/H Tas - if the investment is in a SIPP; as Samantha says see ]kprofessional advice if the holding i justifies then cost;

1 Like

I work at b&m. I think the reason heron isnt operating down south is because they only have one distribution centre in the north east of England and their drivers canā€™t get further to deliver to stores. Also what they do is, heron buys the likes of crisp, sweets and tinned goods off b&m and b&m buys frozen off heron. Theyā€™re also starting to buy some of the stores they operate from

5 Likes

Great but if insider insight @John_ob :+1:t2:

Iā€™d slimmed down about a third of my B&M in the winter, I considered exiting at that point (due to balance of portfolio) but I do like the business so decided to hold a good chunk.

Made a big top up again today. Down on that already but hoping this is the bad ā€œnewsā€ (I say that in quotations because the cost inflation and mix changes were inevitable) built in, and the upside for additional customers flipping to discounters is on the way.

2 Likes

So long as B&M can get continue to secure stock for a reasonable price I can see this being a trend for the next 12-18 months.

2 Likes

Bit late to the party, but have just added a buy order for B&M for my SIPP. Have both a B&M and Heron -5 mins walk from work. I do my lunch shop at Heron daily & probably visit B&M 2/3 times a weekā€¦

Both are always queued out & the ranges are expanding. Besides the basics - the new products not purchased in supermarkets + surplus stock end up here for discountā€¦ A no-brainer in the current climate.

Agree. B&M a buy for me at the moment as well.

1 Like

Are we getting a dividend payment I think itā€™s the 5 maybe wrong

Itā€™ll be through by the end of the week, can be a little time in processing payments. Normally quicker though.

Thanks