Barclays - BARC

Ex-Barclays bankers cleared of £4bn Qatar financial crisis fraud after SFO probe

Roger Jenkins, Thomas Kalaris and Richard Boath were all acquitted of charges of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation in connection with the 2008 Qatar fundraisings.

1 Like

Share price is £1.04 now.

That’s almost half of the year high, but above the year low of £0.73.

(source)

Would you buy/hold/sell, and why?

• BUY
  • HOLD
  • SELL

0 voters

I think it’s going to be very interesting to see what happens to the UK banks share prices when they start paying dividends again and very interested to see what Dividend Yield will be issued

3 Likes
1 Like

Barclays culling customers credit limits.
Upsetting customers is never a good thing. People will just close their accounts and go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Hi there you are 100% right Barclays is going down and I’ve just been lost about just a little bit but I take notice thank you.

Good earnings , increased dividend and share buyback

All change at the top and it doesn’t look like the markets like it much. He will receive 12 months’ pay, totalling £2.4m, as well as his pension allowance of £120,000 for the year, and any other benefits.

He will be replaced as chief executive by Mr C.S. Venkatakrishnan, known as Venkat, subject to regulatory approval.

The board said Venkat had been identified as its preferred candidate for the role over a year ago.

2 Likes

I think he was planned to leave within the next year so the bank had a successor in place. Still a rather dramatic way to go.

2 Likes

“Lets save some money” - Barclays

2 Likes

Inflation has been soaring this year and banking stocks like Barclays (LSE: BARC) are expected to do better in a high interest rate environment. That is why I am left scratching my head after the Barclays share price has dropped by 25% so far in 2022. So, what are the reasons for the share price underperforming?

8 Likes

Good article John. I may have a dabble at that price and PE ratio. So expect it to immediately drop further! :roll_eyes::smile:

3 Likes

If Motley Fool hired more writers like you @Jthejellybean they’d be in a much better place. Really good piece :clap:t2:

A P/E of 4 is enough to prick my attention.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, Steve. Really appreciate it!

2 Likes

As always, Neil, you’re too kind. Thank you very much for your continued support with my writing. I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart :blush:

1 Like

I am building a sin portfolio and added Barclays in, maybe slightly harsh towards an institution with such a long and distinguished history. Nonetheless, banks fit in quite well, sadly.

Looks like its starting to recover from the ETN scandal in the states. SP is around £1.50.

How often do barclays pay dividends?

Currently twice a year:

1 Like