Berkshire Hathaway - BRK.B

Berkshire Hathaway does not currently pay dividends, hence no DRIP scheme applies.

Also, Freetrade doesn’t offer a DRIP feature at the moment.

With Freetrade, when we receive dividends we can reinvest them as and when we want.

It is very unlikely Berkshire Hathaway will pay dividends in the near future

3 Likes

I see.
Interesting! I’m fine with that given the success of his company.
Thanks!

1 Like

Btw how such thing has been resolved?

1 Like

He was very accurate in timing, wasn’t it?

3 Likes

Warren Buffett’s 2022 letter to shareholders - a worthy read

4 Likes

Investing guru Warren Buffett recently purchased an 11.4% stake in HP for his holding company, Berkshire Hathaway. The purchase now makes him HP’s biggest shareholder. To be clear, Hewlett-Packard split its business into two divisions in 2015. Hewlett Packard Enterprise would sell servers and enterprise services, while HP Inc would sell PCs and printers. Warren Buffett opted to buy shares in the latter. On the day his purchase was announced, the HP share price spiked by 15%. Nonetheless, it has since come back down to a more reasonable price. With Warren Buffett’s impeccable track record of beating the market, I will be diving into HP’s fundamentals and prospects to determine whether I will be buying HP shares for my portfolio.

2 Likes

Annual shareholder meeting is at this afternoon and you appear to be able watch it streamed by CNBC - assuming they don’t geo-lock the stream.

3 Likes

I bet it will be live on YouTube. It has been in the past few years. On Yahoo as well. Recent past performance is not indicative of future performance lol

If it is on YouTube I’ll keep it on as a companion for an afternoon of burrying my head in the exercise workbooks

2 Likes

Available info

“exclusive livestream”

No YouTube?! :disappointed:

1 Like
2 Likes

What’s going on with Berkshire Hathaway at the moment? Graph doesn’t go beyond 8th June.

That’s odd. Have flagged for someone to take a look at it. Thanks for spotting @MarkD

1 Like

Something is wrong with brkb for me too.

1 Like

It’s been stuck for me too for many days and it’s a shame too because the price is now a lot lower

Me too facing the same problem …have to look at other sites for the price before buying
Not able to see historical price beyond June 9th or so… Quite annoying…
And there is no easy way to report this on the app…
Hope someone at support looks at it and resolves soon

And I hope there are not any more shares of this kind with a stuck up

Tech team are looking into this, looks like a problem from the data provider.

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues with the valuation of assets in their account? My Berkshire Hathaway B shares have dropped in value by 600 in the last couple of hours despite the share price being up today. The valuation has bounced back briefly and then dropped again (I have screen shots from the app). Anyone know what is going on?

1 Like

Hi @mattmacs3

Welcome welcome welcome :ocean:

I don’t hold any BRK.B but there was an issue with the prices updating in the app raised a few days ago. This looks to have been solved now so it might have been an hangover from this issue?

Any price changes that happen out outside of the market opening hours are related to the exchange rate and should be minor.

Is your app showing $271.77?

side note It tidier if your question relates to a individual stock to comment on the stock thread. I’ll get it merged, it’s not a big deal.

Hope you find this a useful place and stick around to share and learn :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Was doing this yesterday too, you’ll notice it corrects on market open. Likely just a data feed issue on FT’s end. Not specific to BRK.b, but also happens on some other stocks and listed trusts, some of which don’t reflect stock splits as long as 8-Qs ago so show an >80% loss, -irritating and really something they should fix. But as per management seem focused on growth, and gimmicky features*, not on getting the crucial things right.

*Analysts ratings being key example - if someone is investing off analyst consensus as printed below a buy button they shouldn’t be investing outside an ETF