šŸ’» Beta Testing for Freetrade Web

Thanks for the open communication on the status of the product. Itā€™s whatā€™s set freetrade apart in the past so I hope that can continue in the future? (Tell your bosses itā€™s appreciated)

The redundancies are a real shame as Iā€™ve been looking forward to some key features in the future (web, reporting, automated investing options etc.)

Hopefully it wonā€™t impact things to much in the long run. Getting good engineers and keeping them is hard (itā€™s why we no longer care about location at my work when hiring anymore. Weā€™ve got better staff now going remote). Hopefully youā€™ll be able to find ways to be more efficient with less resourcesā€¦ and hopefully web doesnā€™t stay in a holding pattern for to long

5 Likes

Hello , can you explain what this means

1 Like

Either way i was really looking forward to a decent web interface.
It`s a shame its now on the backburner again,
I think that would have attracted alot more investors.

1 Like

Each project is given to individual product managers who work with various departments to deliver their project, on time hopefully.

With the departure of @clloyd the responsibilities he held will need to be passed on to someone else to manage.

2 Likes

Thanks Neil, it`s a shame about @clloyd, i just read his departure. He was a good guy and updating us alot.

4 Likes

Missed this in April - but welcome news.

Please can FT provide some screenshots.
It seems from past posts that FT has both ex-clients and potential clients who see Desktop as key to their returning / joining FT.

Investing is a serious business.
Or it should be if one is thinking ā€œpensionā€ sized investment targetsā€¦
ā€¦so surely maximum info and maximum functionality should be the aim ?

With that in mind, a couple of screenshots posted seem minimalist - barely visible thin grey lines and wispy grey text.
Surely this is not the place for arty ā€œclean and simpleā€ aesthetics ?
Function before form please.

Please can we have black text for longer stuff to be read - and coloured text / panels for key words / headings.

Charts. Are Candlesticks available ? (amongst others)

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi Tarian, thanks for your feedback. Iā€™ve added some screenshots for you to see a bit more what the Beta has available at this time.

Web is still an important offering for Freetrade customers and see it being part of our offering.

When designing the platform one of the key things we wanted was to ensure we met colour contrast guidelines for easy legibility. If there are hard to see grey lines and text please DM me so I can look into it.

Clean and simple aesthetics arenā€™t the design goal, one of the things the design team aims towards making the complex and difficult, simple.

Lastly, the stocks in the screenshots arenā€™t financial advice and you should do your own research before investing. Value of an investment can go up as well as down.

5 Likes

Hi Rafael, I appreciate you being active on the thread! When can we expect buy/sell functionality on the web version?

Nothing else should be worked on until this is added (IMO), itā€™s worthless without it.

6 Likes

Hi Hooked Investing, thank you!

Buying and selling via web are very important, itā€™s a step that will take the beta away from being a read only platform to one that enables you to monitor your portfolio, discover stocks to invest in, and buy and sell them.

As weā€™re working through the handover and ownership of the platform, there arenā€™t any timelines that I can share. Please keep sharing your feedback though as it is valuable, and is used to carve the direction of the web platform.

6 Likes

@Rafael, can you comment how web team size changed, comparing to beta start?

1 Like

Minor frustration, but please make it so I can log in with my password rather than having to go to my email every time I want to log into the web app. Or at least improve it so it can remember a password, or even just sending a text code would be better than having to open email and click a link.

4 Likes

Freetrade relies on email for login which is not ideal because email is not secure and has privacy issues.
One of my friends did not create a Freetrade account because login link uses trackers etc.

Please enable login with password for Mobile App as well as Web App. :pray:

3 Likes

Windows partnering with Amazon store (Android), perhaps an easy way to get the regular app on the PC if FT wanted to put it on there.

3 Likes

When will this go live to everyone been stuck on beta for long time now @Rafael

4 Likes

Please keep waiting for another 5 years

4 Likes

If Desktop version was ā€œsubscription onlyā€, I hope FT will provide a full set of screenshots.
Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m signing up blind.

Based on most web-designer blogs, their number one aim seems to be ā€œclean and simpleā€ - which usually means:

• minimalist design (no borders, shading or colours),
  • minimal content in one view,
  • disguised, guesswork navigation
  • grey, unreadable text

Surely Share investing requires a focus on functionality and info (content) ?

3 Likes

Any ideas when this live come out of beta @Rafael

1 Like

I am afraid it will be beta all the time until itā€™s taken over by another big fish.
I am sorry to say this!:persevere::persevere::persevere:

6 Likes

Does /did this ever actually work for you guys?

All I ever get is:
" Something went wrong on our end. Please try again later."

Not really worth waiting 3 years for :smiley:

Surely this is a priority freetrade is falling behing lack of replies lack of stocks lack