šŸ’» Beta Testing for Freetrade Web

Really starting feel the ball is being dropped on the whole ā€˜developed in the openā€™ and ā€˜iterating features quicklyā€™ thing right now :sweat_smile::thinking:

I recommend actually doing it rather than talking about doing it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@MatAtFreetrade @woodyblade

Thanks for reporting this issue - we are looking into it!

1 Like

Is there a way to see your cash balance via the website? I canā€™t seem to see it but I may be missing it.

Hi everyone :wave:

Thanks for all your feedback so far. Itā€™s great to hear your thoughts on the features you want to see next on Web.

Off the back of this, weā€™ve released some new functionality for beta testing.

Plus members can now use Freetrade Web to search for instruments, view key stats and track share price over time. :mag:

This is the first in a series of new features on the way, so keep an eye on this thread to find out whatā€™s next.

If youā€™re a Plus member, log in to web.freetrade.io on your desktop browser now to test out the new feature. Reply below to let us know what you think!

Not a Plus member? Upgrade now to try Freetrade Web. We are also exploring ways to bring Freetrade Web to more customers in future.

When you invest your capital is at risk, the value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than what you invest.

28 Likes

Great to see iteration on this! Nice work to all involved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would be nice to see a dividends section with dividends earned like M1 finance

4 Likes

Hi everyone! :wave:

Following on from adding search functionality on Freetrade Web, Plus members can now explore instruments by sector. :classical_building:

Use the Discover homepage to view our full stock universe filtered by sectors like Finance, Industrials and Tech. You can also navigate to specific sectors from individual stock pages.

We love hearing what you think, so please keep sending us your feedback.

Want to be a beta tester for Freetrade Web? Upgrade now to become a Plus member.

When you invest your capital is at risk, the value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than what you invest.

25 Likes

My ā€œsince you began investingā€ amount on the web interface is showing that Iā€™m up by ~Ā£30K. Sadly not the case! The balance looks accurate but actually Iā€™m down ~Ā£4K. Both numbers are displaying correctly in the app so maybe a bug to check out with the new site?

Hello there @BlueberrySnow. Thanks for letting us know.

This should be solved now, are you now seeing the right numbers being displayed?

2 Likes

Hi @Rafael

Seeing as youā€™ve popped your head above the parapet donā€™t suppose you know if @CYBERā€™s issue can be looked at.

Hey @NeilB thanks, just DMā€™d @CYBER.

1 Like

How are people finding the web version? Useful?

What are the big things people would like to see added?

3 Likes

At what point does beta testing come to an end? It was launched on the 27th April, we are now 13 weeks on. It would be good to get an update of what have Freetrade has learned from this? What changes will be implemented from the feedback and when gamma testing will occur.

10 Likes

I agree Freetrade can we get an update @clloyd

1 Like

Unfortunately Iā€™ve left Freetrade as part of the recent redundancies, so I donā€™t have any inside information, but I also eagerly await updates.

28 Likes

:grimacing: thatsā€¦not good

2 Likes

Hi @clloyd

Itā€™s disappointing to hear the news. From a passionate Freetrade user I wanted to thank you for your efforts with Freetrade Web, itā€™s a platform many people were looking forward to and itā€™s a shame youā€™ll not get to ship the full version.

Good luck with your future endeavors

28 Likes

Sorry to hear about this.

3 Likes

:disappointed: sorry to hear it mate

1 Like

Hello there,

Itā€™s been a bit since our last post and we want to thank you all so much for testing Freetrade Web and for providing us with feedback. As some of you may know, Freetrade has recently gone through a redundancy process with some of the team responsible for Freetrade Web leaving. We thank @clloyd and the team for the awesome work they did to get it up and running for you all.

Web is still an important offering for Freetrade customers. From all of your feedback we appreciate the value and potential that this platform holds. We still see a complete web platform as a part of Freetradeā€™s offering.

As the designer responsible for Web beta, I know there is a lot still to do, and that weā€™re only just getting things off the ground.

As we work through handover and ownership of the platform there is going to be some disruption to adding new features to the platform. Your continuous feedback and testing is still valuable and we will continue to monitor and use it to carve the direction of the web platform.

23 Likes