Beyond Meat - BYND - Share Chat

My first Beyond Meat buy in was at £120 (the day I realised my crack addiction…) And I’ve had to average down this since.

Today I’m up 5% - I did not see this coming!

4 Likes

I started tranching in on 30 Dec. Increased my holding by 50% today. I am very pleasantly surprised with the way this one is rolling…

4 Likes

Same. Unfortunately just 1 share :frowning:

3 Likes

But I think it’s another bubble. Too early, too fast…

I wish I have bought more during the ditch.

Do you guys think it will sky rocket again and go down shortly after?Or stabilise at middle ground?

Really would love to keep it but maybe I will take the profit and reinvest in dividend stock.

2 Likes

Who knows. It’s been a topsy turvy first year and you certainly couldn’t be blamed for taking profit now.

I’m personally going to sit tight and see how their trial with McDonalds goes before making any decisions.

7 Likes

I think bubble in the short term.

1 Like

Not 100% sure on the validity of the source

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://finance.sina.cn/stock/relnews/us/2020-01-19/detail-iihnzahk5219699.d.html%3Fvt%3D4%26pos%3D102%26cid%3D76524&xid=17259,15700023,15700186,15700190,15700256,15700259,15700262,15700265,15700271&usg=ALkJrhiI87JdH6If4p4dP3nkj9zMxn-g9g

But Beyond Meat moving into China.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/C455499A-70DB-4B73-9513-C1A300DED2D5

Beyond Meat and Starbucks…

I wasn’t going to hold much longer but with Starbucks and McDonalds potentially on the horizon…err!

• Hold
  • Sell
  • I just want to see the results

0 voters

Strong hold. Back to 200$ in one year hh

Just sold BYND today for about a strong profit. Bought back when it was about $80 in early Nov last year. Going to reinvest profits in some stable dividend stock.

After some of the research while in the market, there’s a lot of speculation with BYND, could it be in MCD globally or SBUX. If these deals come to anything then I believe it will be worth a lot more than what it is now. But that could be months away, if the deals don’t work out then reckon it’s worth slightly less than what it’s at now.

IMO this is one to watch. BYND could be big if they manage to take a big enough slice of the meat industry.

3 Likes

I bought one stock at 73$ and another one at 119$. Not yet rich of course but I think strong rise ahead.

3 Likes

Ive tasted quite a lot of meat substitute products and think Beyond is trading on hype. The success of these products almost guarantee all the big food producers will be working on their own lines, It will fade into the back-round.

3 Likes

The problem I see with Beyond is that they have no competitive advantage over the competition other than to be slightly ahead. They don’t patent or protect their recipes in the way that KFC protects their recipes, and anyone can come up with a competitor. Their contracts with major chains are lucrative, but they’ll be baked into the price already because the news we have reported to us is behind from what the analysts know. Unless they come up with something that changes the game and makes it difficult/impossible for the competition to catch up, they are 100% trading on hype as @jbowen suggested.

1 Like

They can have competitors. AMD less innovative than Nvidia but +55% gain since September.

In the mean time, I’ll continue chomping at the bit to get equity in it.

Dark mode? How?

This particular stock could be good for trading, short term and a possible disaster as a long position.

I too would love to buy and hold it for a very long time but if competitors come knocking with their take on alternative meat substitutes, this would potentially eat into BYND’s value.

I see myself selling it as soon as I think it has peaked, then diving back in again at a steep discount; $61-67.

I sold it few days ago at $110, if there will be a deep I will make sure to get few shares.

Not sure about the dark theme to be honest. I think after an update (iOS or freetrade app) when I opened the app again it ask me which theme I wanted.

1 Like

Aaah, android is forever playing catchup.

Cheers!

1 Like

Took the profit today on Beyond Meat, up about 20% after a disastrous start.

Beyond Meat wasn’t part of my 2020 vision (to steal a @Certi.Curti phrase!) And I’ve been fighting with myself to get rid for a while.

1 Like