Beyond Meat - BYND - Share Chat

Beyond Meat centre stage - good news if others follow.

2 Likes

I support the idea that vegetarians have the right to feed themselves and they should not be forced to eat meat. The same principle applies to omnivores.

I find this a dangerous path. A path of authoritarian impositions from vegetarians to omnivores. I find it an appalling, abusive and discriminatory decision that violates individual rights. And if someone asks about the rights of animals I will ask about the rights of plants. Growing animals use loads of water? So does growing plants.

It shall not pass.

9 Likes

Class action lawsuit.

Non-Apple news press release

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/02/24/1989556/0/en/SHAREHOLDER-ALERT-Pomerantz-Law-Firm-Reminds-Shareholders-with-Losses-on-their-Investment-in-Beyond-Meat-Inc-of-Class-Action-Lawsuit-and-Upcoming-Deadline-BYND.html

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/965977F6-5817-11EA-B9F2-F65DCB4B2578

Anyone know any other businesses making moves in the veganism sector?

:smiley:

“Stake” bake, “sausage” roll.

2 Likes

Unilever bought a few vegan brands a few years ago. Also most supermarkets now have their own branded vegan products. Tesco in particular has a good range.
I can’t think of any other fully vegan public companies though.

Think Monde Nissin own Quorn.

Obviously Impossible Foods looking to IPO.

Pollen & Grace on Seedrs

Effect of Corona.

3 Likes

Why this happens?

What does that have to do with Corona? :thinking:

People prefering meat over plants in a crisis? It rather looks like day to day business, at least where I come from :smiley:

It was a joke, even during crisis people don’t seem to want to eat plant based meat alternatives.

Ohhh, now I get it. Sorry, slow-burner sometimes with obvious things :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to topic: It seems that there is quite a bit of opportunity in this one now though, with the transition slowly taking firm hold in everyday life and having a real alternative available in most shops and restaurants, this seems like a keeper for the next two or three decades and with the current “discount”. Any opinions? :innocent:

2 Likes

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/05/13/2033074/0/en/Forum-Merger-II-Corporation-Announces-Signed-Letter-of-Intent.html

Possible competitor to beyond meat listing in the near future through the FMCI ticker. This is a SPAC-special purpose acquisition company so right now the ticker is just a company that is holding cash in “trust”, but they have signed a letter of intent and the description suggests it could be something quite exciting.

Other notable recent SPAC’s are Virgin Galactic which came from Chamath Palihappitiya’s SPAC, Draft Kings which until a few weeks ago was the Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corporation, and VectoIQ which will likely convert to Nikola motors soon.

If the merger is effected with a company like Impossible Foods or even Just Egg I would expect a similar run and performance, though it may take a few months and i consider it unlikely to be Impossible Foods.

Oh deer

I’ve not eaten meat for over 10 years
 but I’ve also not eaten a Beyond Burgers because they’re so damn expensive! Also I’ve never seen them for sale in restaurants (when restaurants were a thing).

I still think this company will do well despite this fall - well it should do given all the positive and gushing reviews its products seem to get.

2 Likes

Trust me you don’t want to eat them they taste terrible, like a Tesco value burger. I’m not so convinced by this plant based meat, such a waste of energy making fake meat. Saying that I think all these plant based meat companies will do well.

Have to disagree with both points here. Literally had a Beyond Burger last night and could not distinguish between a real burger. Now this is of course subjective and I am not a burger connoisseur but for me there is no difference so why shouldn’t I go for the meat free version. In terms of ‘waste of energy’ vs beef:
“Beyond Burger generated 90 percent less greenhouse gas emissions, required 46 percent less energy and had far less impact on water and land use than the beef burger.”
So there is a real impact here - if ‘fake’ meat tastes the same as real meat, fake meat is much better for the environment.

6 Likes