Bitcoin - Crypto Chat

Hi guys, if you share my interest in having BTC exposure within the ISA, I started off this request!!!

3 Likes

I find Tyler winklevoss is just a massive shill

1 Like

Errrrr

I don’t think that’s right

an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

“I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club”

——

I think he is a genuine customer ! He doesn’t just pose as one

1 Like

Wall street follows and sets trends, so like… bitcoin and ether are just commodities they can trade? CME exchange (chicago mercentile) are gonna do ETH futures now. Virtual coin backed by real tech is legit. Dogecoin is fun (it wasnt meant to be serious). Ive never touched gold but ive read about the (end) of the gold standard.

• Helping to drive this latest run is fresh interest on the part of institutional money such as Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater Associates, which manages $150 billion in investor money, and the Miller Opportunity Trust. It may also be getting a boost from MicroStrategy’s WORLD.NOW BTC-themed conference this past week.
  • “Bridgewater’s piece out last week had a sensitivity analysis which showed their estimates of BTC price, should private holders of gold switch to BTC,” states a weekly investor note Friday from quantitative trading firm QCP Capital.
  • “They forecasted that should 50% of capital in gold move into BTC, that would result in a price of $85,000 per 1 BTC.”

i like Buffett but he’s admitted hes missed investin into Google (he got into IBM? Made a loss then → Apple) - he’s not a techie and likes old fashioned energy companies (?).

p.s. always do your homework

former PayPal CEO tries to defend gold vs Btc but uses arguments that cane used used to defend BTC?

current PayPal CEO sees the value proposition of bitcoin

People who compare gold to bitcoin don’t understand gold and probably Bitcoin.

Gold has stood the test of time for over 2000 years as a form of currency. It has to be sought and mined and no one knows how much is left on the planet.

It is used in industry and as jewellery. It can have sentimental value too.

As they are very different they serve different purposes in ones portfolio.

There is something very special about holding physical gold: the touch, the feel, the weight, the density, the colour, the shine, the unique properties its holds.You just dont get that from bitcoin

Although I am pro Bitcoin and hold it in my portfolio I also hold gold but for very different reasons!

4 Likes

Yes and no. They are very different things indeed, but share a lot of similarities as an asset.
Gold and Bitcoin are both deflationary instruments. So they can and are both used by people to protect against inflation (both have inherently limited supply).

Few actually buy physical gold, so the holding a gold bar/physical component isn’t actually a big thing.

1 Like

Exatcly, times of gold are long gone since very few that hold physical hold and buys paper gold IOUs. Therefore price of gold been suppressed and will be for foreseeable future. Bitcoin on the otherhand as a store of value natively is digital and escapes escapes enslavement of IOUs, because its easy to verify. World moves digital not the other way around. Gold needs to be used as utility in order to bring good to our everyday lives

The trouble with paper gold is that they sell more than what actually exists in real life and hope you don’t come asking for physical delivery.

2 Likes

Just like any fractional reserve bank. For every dollar in the bank it lends 10$. But unlike dollar you cannot print more. So no bailout. Should be illegal

2 Likes

I love the idea of physical gold, but I’m in agreement with others, that time has past…

Scrooge McDuck days are no more…

1 Like

KhZT

2 Likes

bitcoin-roller-coaster

2 Likes

Which is more fun???

1 Like

Have you looked at Argo Blockchain (LSE: ARB)? Listed company operating MaaS.

Haha! Diving into gold, I reckon it may hurt a bit!

Ps I wasn’t saying good is done, I was saying physical gold :wink:

Crypto 1 Trillion market vs gold 10 trillion?.. there’s still a way to go!! Also, I’m not sure that comparison even makes sense

Actually! 10 Trillion would be physical, I wonder what the number is for paper gold

Actual the real tradable gold is 4 trillion market cap.

I think the dozens of UK bullion companies may disagree with you that no one holds physical gold.

With vaulted gold, the UK’s largest company Bullionvault has 90,000 active customers.

1 Like

90 000 in 175 countries, so barely anyone. Most people store it with them, so they don’t actually have it physically at home, not much different than gold etfs. QED.

1 Like