Blue Prism Group plc PRSM

This firm is a software provider, allowing businesses to reach their full potential by robotically automating processes through their RPA platform.

1 Like

Anyone got any insights into this? Has this been run down to the bottom yet?

Looks like a strong bounce today and I might add. It’s probably been under pressure from $PATH’s poor performance and selling from earnings, but imo they were good. Cash flow tightening up and almost at EBITDA breakeven, retention up. And it has a silly valuation compared with UIPath (4x v. 40x), price target of £14. It grows slower and $PATH is probably the market leader but no reason why this should not be trading £15+ imo.

1 Like

There is some discussion in the original Blue Prism request thread, it should be merged with this one.

I took a look at Blue Prism when looking for UK listed tech, it looks cheap compared to UIPath. It’s CEO complained about the cheap valuation earlier in the year and says it might look to dual listing in the US.

But I have no idea how good their product is. Their travel and expenses bill is larger than their R&D bill. Are they just glorified chat bots?

Just to add - I’ve seen this software used by Big 4 consulting firms undertaking process improvement jobs - so I put it in the category of “unsexy enterprise software that no-one has heard of that actually run business” :rofl:

See OKTA… :no_mouth:

I feel like it’s a decent company with very interesting and in-demand products. However, they are 20 years old and haven’t turned a profit. So from an investor perspective, I’d hesitate to invest.

Han - How does dual listing work?

Here’s a handy Freetrade guide -

Blue Prism listing in the US would allow easier access to their stock by US investors, who may value it more highly than UK investors, thus driving up the share price.

1 Like

Up we go! Hope you’ve joined for the ride…

It’s a slow ride but up it is definitely going!

Now it’s going up really quick-surely that can’t just be from Pets at Home good news story?

Takeover talks announced:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/Utilities/PDFDownload.aspx?Newsid=1503937

1 Like

I guess it’s early days yet but having held through most of the downturns in the last year for these guys I’d be miffed with anything less than £20/share!

If it goes up to £20 a share that will be a holiday in Cyprus!

With UK stocks as undervalued as thisit’s just a matter of waiting for the inevitable takeover.

Appreciate this is just a protracted rant - Blue Prism was £18 as recent ago as January, it seems unfair for privately owned American PE groups to be able to swoop in and force retail investors to sell at what I personally think is still a rock bottom price.

At the end of the day these guys are investment groups, whilst they might be able to offer some synergy it’s all about turning it around over the next 3-5 years and re-listing it - taking that opportunity away from others.

I hope that these discussions either come to nothing or that the offer is far more generous than the current market price. I hope the board shares that perspective. It seems like there aren’t much protections available for retail investors in situations like this…

Anyway /rant…… maybe I’ll have a look at UI Path :joy:

1 Like

Any idea how long a takeover would take before finalised? Days? Month? 6Months?

I think the times were reporting yesterday that it would have to be by the end of the month:

Blockquote
Under the City’s takeover code, the groups have until 5pm on September 28 to announce a firm intention to make an offer or walk away.

Blue Prism brings in Quattrone as brokers prepare for a bidding war - Subscribe to read | Financial Times via @FT

I’ve been watching for a while and noticed the spike. I figured it was gonna be a slow drop while UIPath’s market share grew, especially after the drop when it floated. Is it worth grabbing PRSM now if there’s a potential £20 upside or are there risks with the takeover? Wasn’t sure what the conversation about retail investor sell off was about