Boohoo - BOO - - Share Chat

Got stopped out of boo today. Hopefully rishi does not implement online only taxes that negatively affect boo.

1 Like

Is there a reason my purchase is being rejected?

I had this a couple of times, but 3rd time lucky and went through.

1 Like

Thank you…got there eventually :relieved:

1 Like

Everyone bullish/bearish on BooHoo?

I’m on -13% with these guys now! Started back at £3.50 when brokers were predicting £4 and 4.50 target prices, and they’ve really been smacked rather hard down to their current price and don’t seem to be reversing it just yet.

Seems to be a controversy round every corner! I’ve seen lots of sentiment that this is the perfect time to buy, at £3.10/15 and I agree, if it goes back up in the coming weeks it’ll be a good short term buy/sell.

I’m just going to sit for the long term on this one though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

controversies make for great buying opportunities.

I’m (10%) down but will keep adding to my position and want to own boohoo over the long term. The high street has died and boohoo has done the best job at sweeping up companies at steep discounts and adding them to their brand.

I think Asos will always be around but over time i think boohoo will win more of the market mostly because their management is way better.

2 Likes

Also I think the controversy around fast fashion is BS. I mean, primark has been around since the 70’s and no one cared then and no one cares now. Really, in the long run, all that matters is Boohoo’s earnings not their ESG standards.

1 Like

Are we thinking the potential USA import ban is just a rumour ? I was quite bullish on them but since that news my sentiment towards the stock has reversed.

1 Like

The Group has not received any correspondence from, nor is it aware of any investigation by, US Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”).

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/boohoo/rns1/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=798&newsid=1456879

2 Likes

It’s an unsubstantiated ‘claim’ so yes. All the news articles leading the story state as much, which is annoying.

1 Like

:roller_coaster: :roller_coaster: :roller_coaster:

3 Likes

Boohoo severs links with number of UK suppliers

5 Likes

BooHoo courting controversy again in regards to pricing and branding disparities.

Hargreaves Lansdown’s report on BooHoo is that it is a ‘buy’ only for those happy to deal with its potential volatility due to its future US expansion, but the way BooHoo seems to keep smacking its head into bad PR, I’d say you’d need a strong stomach to see them getting smacked about in the press on a weekly basis it seems!

3 Likes

I read this and thought “she’s bored”

Quote from the story: “Ms Sikora said she bought her skirt in June 2020.” - why wait until April 2021 to come out with such a nonce of a story?

And finally “Miss Sikora sent the company photographs of the altered labels and she received a refund.”

My god. Get back to work Miss Sikora.

7 Likes

Amazon has negative stories all the time, the guardian has about 3 a week. The bottom line is are the majority of customers happy with the product and do they think they get value for money. Boohoo are a young company making mistakes but most of their customers are young women who’s only concern is getting a bargain.

3 Likes

It does seem such a non-story. All these garments come from the same sources, probably in Bangladesh, and different shops charge different prices according to the demographic they’re targeting. She was happy to pay the price of the skirt, so what has changed? Same price, same skirt!
Holding onto my shares for the good times ahead.

2 Likes

Supermarkets sell the same items for different prices, depending on the stores location and size of the store.

Happens all the time.

1 Like

The results are good but the guidance weak.
My 400p prediction failed :stuck_out_tongue: I Expected a similar trend to prior year results where there was a rally into the results call.

3 Likes

In the 70’s people did not have the internet, they did not have the information they do now. The Gen Z are extremely aware of the fast fashion industry and do not want it. Both my daughter 17 and 20 and their friends do not buy fast fashion. (I want to buy Boohoo shares but am conflicted because I also want to support my children and their views on fast fashion)

3 Likes

I would counter that for every young person like this there is also another who loves fast fashion!!