Brexit

EU share trading flees London on first day after full Brexit

Business rerouted to newly created European hubs and primary exchanges

London’s financial sector started to feel the full effects of Brexit on the first trading day of 2021 as nearly €6bn of EU share dealing shifted away from the City to facilities in European capitals.

Trading in equities such as Santander, Deutsche Bank and Total moved to EU marketplaces or back to primary exchanges such as the Madrid, Frankfurt and Paris bourses, according to data from Refinitiv — an abrupt change for investors in London who have grown accustomed to trading shares in Europe across borders without restrictions.

4 Likes

It’s started…

Edit: relevent link:

1 Like

What’s started?

Emergency use of pesticides is allowed in the EU. at least 16 different EU states have made use of emergency authorisations of banned pesticides. As far as i can see from a quick look, at least 60+ were granted in 2019 and 20+ were granted in 2020, with further being authorised for this year in the EU.

This is irrelevant to Brexit, unless we want to use the reduced red tape to improve the emergency use legislation?

1 Like

Is it me or this is just stupid

2 Likes

Brexit? Yes

6 Likes

Especially when you consider the UK has better food and livestock standards than most of the EU :joy:

5 Likes

teething issues

1 Like

The bickering is going to continue until we re-join in X number of years :joy:

London apparently lost 700 000 inhabitants last year.

3 Likes
1 Like

Can we just rename this thread ‘Depressing’?

5 Likes

I believe it will remain depressing in the short term only

1 Like

Agreed, as long as the govt take the opportunity to deregulate industry, Brexit will position Britain to be the fastest-growing country in Europe.

1 Like

Jobs are leaving, and banking jobs have been on the decline globally i think. This doesnt look good

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-12/city-of-london-s-brexit-tab-rises-with-stock-and-swaps-moves?srnd=premium-europe

2 Likes