BT Group plc - BT.A

The world’s oldest communications company. They offer broadband, TV, landline and mobile network to consumers and business IT solutions.

Hi

Does this look like a good entry? I have £2K.

That’s £10 duty.

I would love to have a discussion on how this is performing, :slight_smile:

Noob here thanks :blush:

Hi

Does this look like a good entry? I have £2K.

That’s £10 duty.

Why are they down 16% in a month?!

Noob here thanks :blush:

Best to move the discussion here i think BT Group plc - BT.A

They’re down over 70% over 5 years. The question for BT i think is have they hit the bottom, and have they restructured the business enough to be less wasteful and generate more value.

Best place to start is to get reading over their financial and investor information i think Investors | BT Plc

Personally i think they have a chunk of restructuring work still to go, and a lot of people still to fire or retire.

2 Likes

I’ve had a handful of BT shares for over 20 years and they just seem to sit and fester. What is it with this Telecoms giant that not only has phone lines but broadband, owns the cable network and owns Outreach and EE mobile, yet can’t seem to prosper and attract a good share price.

Seems to have gone under the radar for a while, some good gains are being made for once.

1 Like

So we have some interest here from France, what are peoples thoughts on this and how it might play out in the market?

1 Like

It’s a sad day :frowning: I’m 15% down. Anyone else?

I purchased more today on the dip, I believe BT will do well over the long term. not advice just my opinion. I’ve asked for this thread to be merged into the main BT Stocks discussion thread here BT Group plc BT.A - #6 by hsmith

1 Like

Thank you. I couldn’t see the other thread

1 Like

Anyone else still topping up here? I’m in two minds whether to keep buying in the multiple dips or just hold.

I’m wondering the same. But, I only hold 78 share so averaging down won’t cost much.

Iv kept buying in every 10p drop since £2, but it’s hard to work out whether to keep going or not. No news seems to come out about BT but they keep dropping from what I can see.

Seems better today.

Hope it holds on. Iv got my average down to 1.70 now, but a bit of way to go to get there. Be nice to see it going up a bit more.

2 Likes

Hopefully this will have good effect on share price Monday …you never know ha.

1 Like

“BT is to reduce the number of its locations from more than 300 to about 30 over the next three years”

This part might. The market likes cost cutting. Hiring employees is a cost though.

1 Like

Anything to get the share price up would be good at this stage. Or the dividends to start up. I read that lots of cost cutting plans over next 5years, but who knows what will happen between now and then.

Some potential good news came out yesterday about possible buy out of BT sport. Fingers crossed this keeps us rising.