Bulb 💡

I am thinking of making the move from Npower to Bulb. I know they are in the same office building as Freetrade and I have seen very good things about them online. Would anyone recommend them?

2 Likes

It looks like lots of people will end up just sharing referral links in this thread so if you’d like to mute it, you can use the topic controls at the bottom of the page, to avoid seeing this in the Latest feed or notifications.

Feel free to send me a message if you need any help :slight_smile:

Yes. Easy switchover, easy app, good prices, statement every month, always remind you in advance of payment being taken. I suppose you don’t really know until something has gone wrong, but nothing has in my case.

4 Likes

My only concern is the recent collapse of a number of other energy providers. Bulb has some very generous introductory offers - including a £50 referral payment, and will pay exit fees up to £120!

I’ve been with them just over a year, fairly happy with them, although at first they told me my house didn’t exist as it wasn’t on their database :joy: I have had several price increases though since I joined but at least they don’t tie you to a contract and you can take pride in knowing your energy is from 100% renewable sources. I also was grateful for the referral bonus which paid for a couple of months bills. Their app is also nice and easy to use, useful little things like letting you use the flash in app to take a meter reading are a nice touch, UI is also :+1:

If you’d like a referral code, I’d be happy to give you mine (disclosure - we both get £50 credit).

2 Likes

Great overview, thank you Tommy.

Do you think their prices have remained competitive despite the price increase? They are offering to reduce my bill by 1/3 which seems very good!

In last 3 energy providers I was with 2 went into administration.
Moving to Bulb next so beware :wink:

6 Likes

I was with them for a year. No issues. I have just jumped ship as I found a 2 yr fixed deal that was actually cheaper. That said it is with a company I hadn’t heard of so we’ll see how it pans out…

1 Like

I think they’re fantastic, I switched over to them last year and they’re cheap, their communication is excellent, and it’s 100% renewable - can’t complain!

I’m going to give them a try - anyone fancy sending me their referral code?

Bulb - Get a quote&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button :slight_smile:
Just to clarify, you get £50 and I get £50 into our bulb account upon the switch completing

1 Like

I recently switched to Bulb as well. Ive been with them for few months now and I can def say it was a great decision :v: Easy to use service, pleasing to interact with them and they also have a solid customer support service. Too bad you already got an invitation code lol!
Here in case someone else needs it :smile:

Bulb Ref Link

Hey,

I recently moved to bulb using referral and things are great and I am now actually saving money. Here is my code if anyone wants to switch.

Thanks!
Matt

Bulb must love these forums!

1 Like

Can confirm as a Bulb user for the last few months now (see my posts above) they have continued to be really fantastic, with great communication. Highly recommended.

I’ve used Bulb for a while now and can highly recommend them. The switch process was really simple, they basically do everything for you. Seems to be a good price and of course the greenest way to get energy :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Agreed - they are awesome :slight_smile: Their app actually works too which means they are light years ahead of Eon and BG :stuck_out_tongue:

They make some confusing claims though.

This from the latest marketing email

Every time a friend joins Bulb, it stops a car’s worth of CO2 from entering the atmosphere. That’s a lot of carbon.

Over a year, the production CO2 or from fuel consumption? How is the car defined? Two sentences, but a lot of questions…

1 Like

I haven’t tried bulb but recommend Octopus Energy.

Octopus Energy have been great to deal with and they topped Which? rankings (no surprise who were at the bottom of the list).

Here is my referral link if anyone is interested (£50 each which seems standard these days)

I’ve been with bulb a loooong time and wouldn’t ever change. Very transparent similar to the Freetrade/Monzo way of working. Here’s my referral code: