Bulk stock request (doesn't belong in stock requests)

Hi,
Could we get the GBP(if available) tickers for all SP500 and STOXX sectors ? It would be very interesting being able to play individual sectorsā€¦ some are already included in Freetrade but not allā€¦ e.g. the STOXX 600 Oil and Gas.

STOXX Europe 600 Health Care (SXDP)
STOXX Europe 600 Industrial Goods & Services (SXNP)
STOXX Europe 600 Banks (SX7P)
STOXX Europe 600 Personal & Household Goods (SXQP)
STOXX Europe 600 Food & Beverage (SX3P)
STOXX Europe 600 Technology (SX8P)
STOXX Europe 600 Insurance (SXIP)
STOXX Europe 600 Oil & Gas (SXEP)
STOXX Europe 600 Utilities (SX6P)
STOXX Europe 600 Chemicals (SX4P)
STOXX Europe 600 Retail (SXRP)
STOXX Europe 600 Telecommunications (SXKP)
STOXX Europe 600 Construction & Materials (SXOP)
STOXX Europe 600 Financial Services (SXFP)
STOXX Europe 600 Real Estate (SX86P)
STOXX Europe 600 Automobiles & Parts (SXAP)
STOXX Europe 600 Basic Resources (SXPP)
STOXX Europe 600 Media (SXMP)
STOXX Europe 600 Travel & Leisure (SXTP)

[S&P 500]
Consumer Staples
Consumer Discretionary
Technology
Industrial
Health Care
Utilities
Materials
Energy
Financial
Real Estate

Iā€™ve moved this - and if someone from the :freetrade: team disagrees they can easily undo it - because I donā€™t think bulk requests help. The voting system exists to gauge demand and help the team decide which stocks to add. If you put a dozen or more stocks in one thread, you may as well make it every stock single stock in existence; it invalidates the voting system.

If you really want tons of different things and donā€™t want it to come across as a ā€œplease just add everything in all these sectorsā€ type post - which I donā€™t think actually achieves much - then I think the sensible thing to do would be to use the form in the pinned thread to manually request the things you want.

Granted, yourself - and others - may well disagree. However, I think the point of the stock requests forum is to succintly request a single instrument and gauge demand via the voting system. Multiple stocks per post invalidate the voting system, so to me donā€™t make sense.

3 Likes

Having all sectors for the major two indices is the best and cheapest way to play economic cycles.

Freetrade like other brokers has poor exposure to non US and UK markets and that would compensate a bit for that.

But I get your point, still you could argue that we should get voting rights depending on the capital invested and this voting system should be within the appā€¦ as a request from someone investing 1Ā£ compared to someone that has 1 million(we all can dream) is different revenue in fees for Freetrade and they should weigh that differently.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.