[Crowdfunding 🔨] BUX

Unfortunately I doubt that means they’ve changed their culture :disappointed:

2 Likes

If anyone feels kind enough to use my referral link to sign up: INVEST FOR FREE | your shares, zero commission

Pretty interesting FAQ imo. Remember downloading the app for a laugh years ago and using the practice account. Weird that this app could be a fully-fledged stockbroker soon.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Bux is also disclosing that it has already spent some of the funding on the acquisition of online broker ayondo markets Limited (AML). Ayondo is the back-end provider the startup has been using to power its existing trading app BUX, while the merger arguably puts Bux squarely in the “neo-broker” territory and up against the likes of London-based Freetrade.

This is interesting.

I wonder what their valuation is now. Last round was in 2017 on Seedrs, where €1.3M was raised at a pre-money valuation of €52.3M. Are there any updates on Seedrs about the new valuation?

To that end, Bux says its soon-to-launch STOCKS app currently has over 100,000 users on the waitlist. Netherlands and Germany will get access to the new app first, followed by a broader rollout across Europe “in the coming year”.

That’s impressive. Maybe one of the special announcements for Birmingham will be the country Freetrade launches in next.

6 Likes

They haven’t declared the valuation as of now but I am assuming that it would be above €100M…

1 Like

Instant orders will be charged at €1, and Limit orders will be charged at €2 per order. But everything is FREE until early 2020. They will introduce a Basic order ( batched free order ) when they start charging for Instant, and Limit orders. There’ll also be a subscription service at some point.

I tried finding some user generated videos of the app but nothing yet. Although the official Bux Zero website gives a good flavour of the app.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Insightful interview:

When we started BUX 5 years ago, we wanted to focus on building and marketing a great app. We didn’t want to spend all our resources worrying about admin and legal.

Therefore, we looked for a partner that could take care of the ‘backend’ [- Ayondo UK]. Since then, our revenues grew to 65% of [Ayondo UK’s] revenues. As we are more mature now and as we do the largest part of their revenues, the was a natural step to buy them.

This transaction gives BUX control over the full value chain, including the license, the technology, and the operations.

This will allow us to serve our customers even better and make it easier to introduce new features more quickly.

Also, spotted :eyes:

6 Likes

@Viktor Do you ever leave the house without your Freetrade T-shirt ? :smile:

6 Likes

Surely the question is …where is Adam’s T shirt?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that as long as you have a few! Good for marketing. When will the community be able to purchase a t-shirt in Freetrade pink with a white FT logo that is the real question or any FT gear in general

1 Like

Sometimes I do, depending on where I am in the laundry cycle.

But most days, I do wear a Freetrade t-shirt of course! :smiley:

2 Likes

We’d love to do this ASAP. We’ve looked at Shopify before. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a very unusual attire. He had a rather formal (and thankfully, productive) meeting that morning. :business_suit_levitating:

He either has a Freetrade t-shirt on or that of a Toronto sports team (I’m too afraid to ask by now… maybe some baseball or ice hockey thing? Maybe Raptors?).

Now you know everything about the office dress code!

7 Likes

Combined with Freetrade socks I assume :socks:

1 Like

I have mine on right now - in public! I’ve noticed quite a few strange looks from the good folk of Edinburgh this gloomy morning. I suspect many folk think me a little unhinged with my wacky socks. Middle aged dude, wacky socks = mid life crisis?

4 Likes

The community will insist that there’s also a Slow Internet t-shirt.

6 Likes

Naturally! :socks::socks:

2 Likes

Hi guys
Can I buy a Freetrade T-shirt please?
Or where can I get one?
#BelikeViktor

Cheers

2 Likes

Or a cheeky :freetrade: :tshirt: with a motto only a few would understand

3 Likes