Buying / selling shares

What is the right price and how many are you looking for?

2 Likes

£2+ :slight_smile:

1 Like

how many you want at 2 quid?

I can give mine at 1000.00p per share :smiley: I have 9596.

4 Likes

I’m looking to sell some that I got in the last round (June 2019).

524 shares and looking for £1.05 each (£550 total)

Let me know if anyone’s interested. Thanks!

I’m wondering the same. I’m interested in buying but not sure about the process?

I still have these available if anyone’s interested?

Not a chance at £1.05

Hi @edin_92, iam interested in buying your shares, could you please let me know the process.
Thank you.

Hi,

I’ve got 960 shares to dispose of. If anyone is interested in buying it please do drop an offer.

I am interested to buy!

1 Like

Can I ask you which round are these shares for sale!

Hi thanks for the interest. Not sure which round, but these are from 2018, all B shares.

I cant believe you folks are selling up. Freetrade is doing a crowdfund probably next month or June and it’ll probably be around £2 a share.

4 Likes

If not more! I guess some might need the money in this environment but if people are selling I’m happy to talk before the next funding round.

Agree with @Rollingskies, unless you are a “distressed” seller, I can’t understand why you would exit at this stage. Could be looking at a significant uplift in the coming months!

3 Likes

In all honesty, buying n selling Freetrade share it self is a long journey…
I tried to buy share from a fellow member, agreed a purchase price and transferred funds as per FT instructions. But we were let down by FT. Xustomer service said company secretary will contact us un a week after couple of weeks we try to chase the transfer then we came to know secretary was on holiday and was back last week so during this week you will hear from him. Another 2 weeks no reply.

Finally got in touch with secretary who claimed he was back the day he replied. So I guess he managed 1months of paid holiday during (Sept-Oct2019):sweat_smile:. So good news is now we finally have a name of company secretary (***).
Interesting fact is that we have to re-provide all the evidence of screenshot of agreeing a price per share money transfer from my account to seller. Which was provided earlier to Freetrade so we could start the transfer process.
Week or so later, i contacted company secretary again to know if the share transfer process has started. In reply I was told not to transfer funds to seller until someone from Freetrade advise to do so. (:joy::joy::joy:) This was annoying as I transferred funds as per Freetrade advise months before and by this time we (both seller and myself) has send evidence from our bank to company secretary. This only shows level of interest in email and attachment.
My reply to email was not friendly, and I managed to hold him on chat, where company secretary said Freetrade has to do a background check on me to see if I can be entitled to Freetrade share purchase. I had to remind him I’m already an investor in R5 crowdcube round. Then he said it will be an easy and quick transfer of ownership through crowdcube; provided he gets J30 from seller, something he asked to look from internet.
Seller was happy to look on internet and browse community forum to get help in completing it.
2 months later i contacted company secretary again, wanted to know at what stage is the transfer of ownership. Only to find out the J30 form was still sitting with him as his priorities at work changed :confused:.
So I asked when and how long will it take to transfer? As it’s already been over 3 months and counting, I was told Freetrade is not publicly traded (and nominees share can take months to transfer ownership) {with that working attitude it would have taken 6months plus.}
I contacted seller, provided chat evidence with company secretary, and requested to cancel the purchases and requested full refund. The seller contacted me in a quick manner and said she will contact Freetrade (CEO) with evidence provided and stop the transfer.
3 days later she was happy to refund me funds as she was able to stop transfer which was months in making.

Hi Zylan,

It looks like this thread set up some unrealistic/fake expectation that people can buy and sell private company shares quite the same way or similarly as you would public company shares. That is not the case.

Regarding the specifics of your comment, I’ve messaged you directly, but you have shared factually incorrect information above.

At Freetrade, we always do our best for our customers as well as for our crowdfunding investors, but that doesn’t mean we can make the process of selling and buying private company shares easy.

We have done our best to support this thread, but we’ve decided to close it down now. Everyone can reach out to Freetrade directly about their shares.

1 Like