[Request] CD Projekt Red (CDR) 🎮 ⚔ [Poland]

Google Finance

I’d love to see CD Projekt Red stocks available, they are a game company who made Witcher 3 and are planning to release a game called Cyberpunk 2077 which will be insane, I’m sure the price of their stocks will see some crazy gains, please add it!

Never even realised they are being traded! The fact they managed tenfold their share price since the release of Witcher 3 is astonishing :scream:

That said, their P/E is 190 and they need to go above and beyond in the future years to justify that. Ultra-success of Cyberpunk 2077 is probably already priced in and the likely direction is only down if it will be anywhere beneath the expectations.

5 Likes

I personally really like publishers. I ended up buying Activition Blizzard after I was spending so much on the kids WoW subscription that I figured I might as well get something back for it.

Turned out to be the smart move back then!

I’d love to see more publishers, Ubisoft is a touch annoying as they are based in France which means additional fee for non-French investors.

1 Like

I’ve heard GOG.com is struggling a bit, that might be a bit of a drain on their share price.

They do have one of the best reputations for quality in gaming though

GOG, GreenmanGaming, Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, BattleNet, and many more. The digital gaming platforms are growing like the streaming services. Everyone wants to be like Netflix and they are bringing their own properties back inhouse. Just like Disney saying they will have their own service is how we ended up with Origin and Uplay.

I’m not sure this is a great market to be in unless you are offering something unique or special about your platform. Epic throwing money for exclusives is anti-consumer and will only fragment the area more. We saw CDR try and release only on GOG and they changed their stance fairly quickly on that.

I like the publishing arm but the GOG aspect is a drain on their focus in my mind. Also M&A with these platforms isn’t common, so I have no idea what they are going to do with it. Currently feels like their black sheep right now.

1 Like

Epic must be spending a fortune on these exclusives, I get that they are trying to grab market share but I’m not sure how sustainable it is. And reduced choice is a bad thing for consumers

1 Like

Epic is offering a lot of discounts to bring games onto their platform, which is very attractive but then again they don’t have the audience so it’s less interesting. I’d happily give away an extra 8% of my sales if you get me access to 100x more sales!

But the timed exclusives I believe are paid for to bring these games onto the platform so they can get the audience. We’ll have to see how deep the pockets are and if this tactic pays off. I have no desire to see more Uber marketing strategies in the world!

Really wanna invest in this company before Cyberpunk is gonna be released

I opened an account with this app just hoping cdpr would be listed. Dying to have this added!

2 Likes

I made several grand after selling CDR earlier in the year. I’m likely to go in again before Cyberpunk comes out (the April 2020 date is earlier than I expected). I think Gwent might be picking up again, Witcher 3 for Switch is a bonus and suggests it could run on tablet quality hardware.

Epic will kill any margin in the digital distribution market. GOG Galaxy 2 is nice, but it won’t move the needle.

It might be expensive to integrate into the Polish exchange just for one stock, but buying CDR was the only reason I joined Degiro in the first place.

2 Likes

I am waiting for a Polish stock market to be added to the platform as well. So far I need to use more expensive solution with Saxo.

https://www.stocksandfreedom.com/how-to-buy-shares-of-cd-projekt-a-polish-video-game-developer

1 Like

I’m definitely for this! I was surprised to see they aren’t on the list of available stocks? As mentioned The Witcher series has steadily made this company profit over the last few years and with the upcoming release of the new Cyberpunk game, their profits will no doubt increase more so as this game has been in the making for a very long time.

They are also rumored to be working on another game in parallel to Cyberpunk, of which many believe could be another Witcher game, so if this is true then 2020 could be a very lucrative year for CDR.

Also - correct me if I’m wrong but CDR own the rights to The Witcher series (they bought it from the writer as he thought it wouldn’t amount to anything games wise!?) so with the Netflix series coming out in Nov 2019, i would maybe guess they would also get some royalties from this???

I’d love to see it available in FT. Do bear in mind that the share price has increased over 10 times since The Witcher 3 was released, and most of that increase is in anticipation of Cyberpunk, so it is very dangerous to assume the price will go up when the game is released.

2 Likes

It’s worth also adding that CD Projekt Red doesn’t float on the London Stock Exchange but instead the Warsaw Stock Exchange which might add some delay to Freetrade implementing the stock into their universe

However, I do agree it would make a welcome addtition

1 Like

Yeah, the games they make are great and I’m sure cyberpunk will be great, but it’s success might be largely priced in already

Just be cautious rather than piling in because you like the games and research them as you would any other company

No, I think CDR only own the game rights. The TV and film rights would be sold separately.

But the TV show could be a nice bonus bringing in new folk to the game, which still holds up strong against anything released since.

And I did end up going in on CDR again after my previous post. Risky, cause it relies on Cyberpunk being a hit.

Thanks for this information. It is useful

European stock of the decade!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-21/medieval-fantasy-warrior-is-key-to-21-000-stock-gain-in-decade

5 Likes

More reasons for FT to get on this stock ASAP once they can! Lot of my friends have already mentioned after watching the Netflix series that aired last week that they want to play the games now! FT would be mad not to try their best to acquire this company.

Another vote for this great company stock to be added here

2 Likes